Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Mupkins
macrumors newbie

Unhappy iPhone 3GS will not transfer mp3 from my computer to my iPhone 3GS (ios4)

Hi - I have been trying for months to transfer mp3 or music items from my computer (running windows 7) to my iPhone 3GS. I have read so many articles that all basically say to set up a 'file' or 'library' in iTunes and then sync selected/ticked files etc. I have tried to do this many many many times and am now getting really annoyed that my iPhone/iTunes will not transfer these items. I am currently running IOS4 on my iPhone because I was told that updating to IOS6 has lots of problems including wiping everything from your iPhone. I also get an error message from Apple on my iPhone 3GS when it asks me for my user/password details DESPITE THEM BEING CORRECT! This is so frustrating...

Last edited by Mupkins; Jan 15, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
Mupkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:09 PM   #2
durruti
macrumors regular

Add audio files to your Itunes "Library".

After that, create playlists.

After that, click and drag the playlists to to your iphone icon in Itunes.
durruti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Mupkins
macrumors newbie

Thanks Durruti. I have tried to 'add' audio to my iTunes Library but it won't let me. I keep getting a red circle with a cross through the centre. I have already copies the mp3 files from my computer into a 'playlist'. I have even copies the mp3 files to my 'music' folder of the 'Library' but they still won't 'sync'. Am I being a numskull?
Mupkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone