Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koolguy361

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
Hi I have an iPhone that I dropped and completely shattered so much that the LCD internals are showing, it still works perfect though, in just curious as to whether these types of damages are usually repairable, also can you tell me how to go about fixing it? Is there anyway apple would replace it out of warranty? Thanks

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
Every part is replaceable on iPhones. Depending on which model you have, the parts cost & difficulty will vary. Apple will replace out of warranty devices for a fee. It also varies depending on which model you have.

I repair iPhones for a local shop. If you need some advice or a hand, feel free to PM.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Hi I have an iPhone that I dropped and completely shattered so much that the LCD internals are showing, it still works perfect though, in just curious as to whether these types of damages are usually repairable, also can you tell me how to go about fixing it? Is there anyway apple would replace it out of warranty? Thanks

Yes apple will replace it OOW. The phone determines the price. IMHO this is the best way to go because with that impact it may have affected other things that may fail sooner now. You get a "new" phone with OOW replacement so I'd go that route.

Koolguy361

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
Yes apple will replace it OOW. The phone determines the price. IMHO this is the best way to go because with that impact it may have affected other things that may fail sooner now. You get a "new" phone with OOW replacement so I'd go that route.
do you know what the price would be for a iPhone 3GS

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
not worth going to apple for a 3gs, just buy a good 2nd hand one off ebay and then sell your broke one for parts

or do a screen replacement on yours if you can and thats all thats broke

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Unrelated but do you know if they'll sell me a $189 replacement 4S that had been water damaged?

Anyways, I'd reccomend getting a new glass for the 3G. They're only ~$40 and are easy as all get out to replace.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Unrelated but do you know if they'll sell me a $189 replacement 4S that had been water damaged?

Anyways, I'd reccomend getting a new glass for the 3G. They're only ~$40 and are easy as all get out to replace.

They can replace a water damaged 4S, yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.