Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:06 AM   #1
sstevens
macrumors newbie

Blue screen on Windows via Bootcamp

I got blue screen earlier on my windows partition and noticed an alert on the taskbar saying my hard drive was running out of space. I only partitioned 40GB and have had 5-8GB free for the last couple weeks as I knew prior to making the partition just how much i needed (its just for a pc game and some stuff). I had 30KB left!!! 30kb! it shut down via blue screen and rebooted back to the free 5.05GB i had. Now when i browse ther web on data heavy sites, it slowly decreases .01GB every 5-10minutes but then goes back up. Whats going on here??
sstevens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:14 PM   #2
alex84
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevens View Post
I got blue screen earlier on my windows partition and noticed an alert on the taskbar saying my hard drive was running out of space. I only partitioned 40GB and have had 5-8GB free for the last couple weeks as I knew prior to making the partition just how much i needed (its just for a pc game and some stuff). I had 30KB left!!! 30kb! it shut down via blue screen and rebooted back to the free 5.05GB i had. Now when i browse ther web on data heavy sites, it slowly decreases .01GB every 5-10minutes but then goes back up. Whats going on here??
I used and 120gigs partition when using bootcamp. I was going to clone it to an external tb ssd drive. After installing win7 and drivers i cloned the partition and removed bootcamp. When i booted the external ssd drive i noticed that i had already used 50gb, with nothing installed.

Why this is i dont realy know but my advice. Get an bigger win partition.
alex84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac