Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kc2ine

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
hi,
since I never use iTunes and it interferes with my remote media keys I'd like to disable it or removed.
thanks

Last edited:

kc2ine

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
unfortunately that fix doesn't work on mountain lion - bad file error.

hasenpfeffer

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Did you try removing iTunesHelper from the login items under Users & Groups preferences (and then reboot)?

kc2ine

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Did you try removing iTunesHelper from the login items under Users & Groups preferences (and then reboot)?

thanks, I did that and now itunes doesn't launch when I press play button,
although still VLC won't respond to that.

iamsen47

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
Kobe, Japan
My buttons respond to VLC when VLC is on and iTunes is off. Though if both are off iTunes will start when I press play. Maybe you could just leave VLC turned on the whole time?

kc2ine

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
My buttons respond to VLC when VLC is on and iTunes is off. Though if both are off iTunes will start when I press play. Maybe you could just leave VLC turned on the whole time?

for me it doesn't matter if iTunes is off or not and vlc is on - iTunes will start anyway. When I killed the Itunes helper iTunes won't start any more but vlc doesn't respond to the remote buttons although I added to BTT actions. How did you configure BTT for VlC?

kc2ine

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
well, I have removed iTunes, installed BTT but play/pause button or next.prev still don't work with VLC. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.