Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
Posting on behalf of my mother, her Ipod touch i think its second gen has totally frozen, Its stuck on the lock screen wont swipe and wont do a rest with home/power either. I can see a loading wheel working in the background but thats it.

Is there anything i can do to fix? Its used for 95% music she's not even bothered about apps as emails and facebook can be done from a laptop.

Its on 4.2.1 and thats the most update firmware it uses. It went through a full restore from backup this am and ended up back in same problem

Edit: I should probably add that prior to this freezing when trying to play a song it would try to shut itself off bringing up the slide to unlock without anyone touching anything. Its not jailbroken now, though it may have been once in its life when it used to be mine before i got my Iphone

Last edited:

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
Well it seems it may have been a corrupt itunes on mams laptop. Restored using my laptop and ipod now running smoothly. Uninstalled mams itunes and apps and starting from scratch one step at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.