Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1
emt8q5
macrumors member

How to put cloned Bootcamp image onto new Mac

Got a bit of a conundrum here. I recently bought a new rMBP. before making the switch I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone an image of both my OSX and bootcamp partitions on my old MBP.

Thus far I've been unable to figure out how to get the Boocamp image onto my new machine, is this possible? I'd really like to avoid reinstalling win7 on my retina because it means I'll have to go buy a disc drive (windows won't install off usb stick as I understand it).

thanks in advance for any and all advice!
emt8q5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:12 AM   #2
TCaracci
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt8q5 View Post
Got a bit of a conundrum here. I recently bought a new rMBP. before making the switch I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone an image of both my OSX and bootcamp partitions on my old MBP.

Thus far I've been unable to figure out how to get the Boocamp image onto my new machine, is this possible? I'd really like to avoid reinstalling win7 on my retina because it means I'll have to go buy a disc drive (windows won't install off usb stick as I understand it).

thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Take a look at winclone (http://twocanoes.com/winclone/).
TCaracci is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3
tmagman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt8q5 View Post
I'll have to go buy a disc drive (windows won't install off usb stick as I understand it).
I just installed Windows 7 off a USB stick not 12 hours ago on my rMBP. Get an ISO image of the Windows 7 installer (find a download online) and go through the boot camp assistant to make a USB with it on it.
7D, 15-85, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 70-300 DO, 50 1.4, Lensbabies, Canon S100
tmagman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac