Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
why is time capsule not doing a full system backup?

Mine does, except for items that are specifically excluded; that's mostly cache folders and Xcode build folders. There are two possibilities: 1. Your understanding of "full system backup" is different than mine, so explain what you mean. 2. You excluded parts of your computer from Time Machine backups, and Time Machine does exactly what you told it to do.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Mine does, except for items that are specifically excluded; that's mostly cache folders and Xcode build folders. There are two possibilities: 1. Your understanding of "full system backup" is different than mine, so explain what you mean. 2. You excluded parts of your computer from Time Machine backups, and Time Machine does exactly what you told it to do.

well it has worked in the past. I talked to a senior advicer and am going to Apple Store the person said could be time capsule hard drive may be failure. ALso the tech did a screen share. Though could it be my HD if failing? (Internal)

Also this same issue happens with me when doing a TM backup with an external disk (USB). No their is nothing excluded.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
well it has worked in the past. I talked to a senior advicer and am going to Apple Store the person said could be time capsule hard drive may be failure. ALso the tech did a screen share. Though could it be my HD if failing? (Internal)

Also this same issue happens with me when doing a TM backup with an external disk (USB). No their is nothing excluded.

well everything is back up and running want to apple store spent 3+ hours they did not even know what is going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.