EyeTV, HDHomeRun, iTunes Questions - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:40 PM   #1
GarrettL1979
macrumors 6502

EyeTV, HDHomeRun, iTunes Questions

I'm planning on cutting the cord this summer, so I'm gradually gathering the tools I think will help with this. My plan is to get an HDHomeRun, pair it with the EyeTV software, and then access the recordings on our ATV3 using Home Sharing. EyeTV will apparently automatically import to iTunes.

I have an Airport Extreme that I will connect the HDHR to. I already have an external hard drive connected to it which is housing our iTunes library and time machine backups. The AEBS only has one usb port though. Will using a USB hub cause me any problems here? Good idea?

Also, I noticed on EyeTV's site that a Turbo.264 HD video encoder is needed for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. Is this required? If so, does it come with the software, or would I need to purchase it separately? Will the software automatically import recordings to iTunes without it? Little confused by this.

Thanks for the help!
GarrettL1979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater