Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Can somebody tell me why the developers feel the need to charge us for a V1 to V2 update? It seems very greedy in their part.

Don't get me wrong i will buy this "update" but it feels wrong that they would do this.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Can somebody tell me why the developers feel the need to charge us for a V1 to V2 update? It seems very greedy in their part.

Don't get me wrong i will buy this "update" but it feels wrong that they would do this.

For the reason that you so perfectly expressed above. Oh, and this one:

The only answers that matter are dollars spent. People answer when they pay for something. That’s the only answer that really matters.

So put a price on it and put it up for sale. If people buy that’s a yes. Change the price. If people buy, that’s a yes. If people stop buying, that’s a no. Crude? Maybe. But it’s real.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
If you search on iTunes from the PC/Mac and search for the developers of Tapatalk you will get Tapatalk 2 for iphone and be able to buy it.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
If you search on iTunes from the PC/Mac and search for the developers of Tapatalk you will get Tapatalk 2 for iphone and be able to buy it.

Just did that and it worked... Tried on the iPhone before and it didn't. Thanks :)

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Just did that and it worked... Tried on the iPhone before and it didn't. Thanks :)

I gotta say it looks great and works awesome. But I think that looking at the update date it says January 16 meaning that the supposed update for tomorrow is still coming.

Shredder96

macrumors regular
May 15, 2012
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358642367.247495.jpg

Mine won't let me update it? Any ideas?

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
Tapatalk 2 for iPhone

There is still a major bug in latest version:
"You are currnently log in as"
And it crashes sometimes too

Last edited:

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Nothing great, just a cosmetic face uplift.
The original version had themes and all but there is nothing like this here.

I agree that the general navigation is a bit better than the previous version.
Why the developers felt the need to charge again is beyond me.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Nothing great, just a cosmetic face uplift.
The original version had themes and all but there is nothing like this here.

I agree that the general navigation is a bit better than the previous version.
Why the developers felt the need to charge again is beyond me.

Getting used to the navigation -- will take a bit to do so. If it were more than .99 I would have skipped it. Definitely a free upgrade candidate. Won't be buying the HD version for sure.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
After releasing v1 and lots of in app purchases, we get stiffed for tapatalk 2 so they make money for both and then one day drop v1? Greedy monopoly company. V2 is a skin that should have been on v1. I bought v2 just to give it a bad review.

Last edited:

mi3x

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2011
It s not merely a skin, let's be honest. I'd love to buy it, but It gives me an error since I'm still on 5.1. Not gonna give up my jb even though more and more updates and apps require 6.x.
Dang, I really need a jb, if things are delayed I will have to cross over to the dark side @android.

bun.bhay

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2011
Seatown
darn still no support for ios5.x. i bought it anyways to take on the pricing just in case the price may go up. didnt wanna lose my jb either. i guess its just another waiting game.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Got an iOS 6 notice from Tapatalk saying Tapatalk 2 is available, upgrade now. Was it informational or does the notice invite me to a discounted upgrade? It didn't click through so don't know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.