Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Attacktaur
macrumors newbie

Email New Messages

Hello. I don't know if this question has already been asked somewhere, but I couldn't find it so I'm posting.

I have my Gmail (in browser) set up so that I can receive / send from five separate accounts by logging into my one main account.

I recently set up my iPhone to do the same, allowing me to choose a "From" address when composing or replying from my phone. I set up the secondary accounts (those I never log into directly) to only update manually, but they are still downloading new messages every time I open the app to look at my Gmail.

Since I never log into these accounts, but have everything forwarded, there is a huge backlog of unread messages in each, and now my mail app constantly has a red 99 instead of the actual number I want: only the unread messages in my primary Gmail account.

Is there any way to prevent this? Or do I just have to live with it? Would it be better to download the Google Gmail app?

Thanks for your help!
Attacktaur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attacktaur View Post
Hello. I don't know if this question has already been asked somewhere, but I couldn't find it so I'm posting.

I have my Gmail (in browser) set up so that I can receive / send from five separate accounts by logging into my one main account.

I recently set up my iPhone to do the same, allowing me to choose a "From" address when composing or replying from my phone. I set up the secondary accounts (those I never log into directly) to only update manually, but they are still downloading new messages every time I open the app to look at my Gmail.

Since I never log into these accounts, but have everything forwarded, there is a huge backlog of unread messages in each, and now my mail app constantly has a red 99 instead of the actual number I want: only the unread messages in my primary Gmail account.

Is there any way to prevent this? Or do I just have to live with it? Would it be better to download the Google Gmail app?

Thanks for your help!
Settings --> Notifications --> Mail --> Choose account, then you can disable badge app for each individual account, as well as handle notifications for each individual account.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Attacktaur
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
Settings --> Notifications --> Mail --> Choose account, then you can disable badge app for each individual account, as well as handle notifications for each individual account.
Thank you!
That's exactly what I wanted!
Attacktaur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attacktaur View Post
Thank you!
That's exactly what I wanted!
Don't mention it, let me know how it works out.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting