Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:56 AM   #26
MacKiddyWiddy
Banned

buying a refurb will probably be ur best bet and then hooking the broken screened one to an external.... sorted
MacKiddyWiddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:47 PM   #27
FanTasTic4
macrumors newbie

Broken Macbook Pro Screen

These guys were excellent. For any1 in the Los Angeles area that needs their Macbook screen replaced or fixed, I called them up and had my computer back to normal in less than 24hrs. They have local service areas and are stictly a mobile service, I think.

Check 'em out...www.crackedmacscreen.com They charged $299 for a screen replacement. No extra fees
FanTasTic4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:53 PM   #28
Kabe
macrumors newbie

I have mackbook pro 15 inch. My screen is cracked and they quoted me a price to repair it for 1200.00! It's two years old... I might as well buy a new laptop within the first 6 months the logic board had to be replaced, then another logic board after that and a hard drive within the first year and 6months that I've owned it. Now a cracked screen and I didn't drop it. They told me some type of pressure caused it but I don't see how??? Very disappointed the total cost of my laptop with the protection plan was 2500.00. No way I'm paying 1/2 price to fix a screen on a two year old laptop
Kabe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:20 AM   #29
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabe View Post
I have mackbook pro 15 inch. My screen is cracked and they quoted me a price to repair it for 1200.00! It's two years old... I might as well buy a new laptop within the first 6 months the logic board had to be replaced, then another logic board after that and a hard drive within the first year and 6months that I've owned it. Now a cracked screen and I didn't drop it. They told me some type of pressure caused it but I don't see how??? Very disappointed the total cost of my laptop with the protection plan was 2500.00. No way I'm paying 1/2 price to fix a screen on a two year old laptop
Fix it yourself if you're unwilling to pay Apple's price. Glass doesn't just explode. It cracks, but only if there's some form of stress applied.
AlphaDogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:26 AM   #30
bkbeachlabs
macrumors newbie

Fix cracked glass for under $100 yourself. Super easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabe View Post
I did the same thing! And it's super expensive to have Apple or some technician fix it for you. So I decided to just do it myself. I ordered the replacement glass online and then fixed it myself. It was honestly like an hour. Super easy, didn't need any tools or anything. Here's the writeup I did for how I did it.

Hope that helps!

Ps, it cost me less than $100!
bkbeachlabs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 02:16 PM   #31
Pedomastersz
macrumors newbie

For Free

just open applescript editor and compile/run these lines:
tell "Computer"
repair
screen
end tell