Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iiTz STeVO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
I am using using Bootcamp on a Mid 2009 MacBook Pro, and I am having some serious problems when talking through Skype.

People say they can hear my typing too clearly (like a typewriter) and every now and then there is a feedback type sound (compared to cars, trains, planes, etc.) that starts quiet and gets louder and louder. I have found that if they let me know it's starting and I squeeze my microphone it stops. Also apparently using the mute button on my headset itself does not mute my mic at all...

I used a cheap Logitech headset, then switched to Turtle Beach x12s that I borrowed and the problems only got worse after the switch. Then I purchased a Razer Tiamat 2.2 and the problems are slightly better, but still persisting.

Please... HELP

Last edited:

iiTz STeVO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
EDIT: I have discovered that my Sound>Recording settings are not detecting headphones and using my internal microphone. Under Playback it shows I have Headphones defaulted, but under Recording there is no Headphones option, only Line In which is giving no sound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.