Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProfessorJim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
The device was bought brand new 1 month ago and it developed a very loose home button. I can pretty much feel the edge of the glass when I press it. No water damage, just a tiny scratch on the aluminum back plate.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Book an appointment at your nearest store. Worst thing that will happen is they'll since it's not a manufacturing problem or user error and won't swap it for free.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
It means when I press it, it goes all the way down. If this happens after 1 month of use what will happen after 12 or 24 months?

I'm sorry, I may be being a bit stupid here.

But what do you mean?

When you press it, it goes all the way down? :confused:

ProfessorJim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Feeling the edge of the glass when pressed is normal.

Normal? My iPhone 4 is not that loose after 2 years :confused: My iPad 4's home button isn't lose. For a device that's guaranteed to work for a year, the home button is extremely lose after 1 month...

Last edited:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
The device was bought brand new 1 month ago and it developed a very loose home button. I can pretty much feel the edge of the glass when I press it. No water damage, just a tiny scratch on the aluminum back plate.
Will Apple replace it? Only one way to find out.
Then why haven't you made an appointment with a 'genius' instead of whining about it here?
And this would be the way.

ProfessorJim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Then why haven't you made an appointment with a 'genius' instead of whining about it here?

I wasn't whining. I was stating a fact. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. I'm quite relaxed and whining is not in my character.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Normal? My iPhone 4 is not that loose after 2 years :confused: My iPad 4's home button isn't lose. For a device that's guaranteed to work for a year, the home button is extremely lose after 1 month...

ok then, go to apple and tell them that.. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.