Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
Yikes! Mine is out for delivery right now -- gonna spend a good portion of tonight doing a QA check on it. Fingers crossed!!

To check for it just download a black background and see if it's pitch black like it should be if not I would call apple

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
The screen bleed issue that a lot of people have been complaining about the engineers said that they have had problems with a lot of them and they are trying to fix it... :mad:

5 weeks ago I got a 27" Mac from the apple store after 3 days I noticed light coming from the black part around the screen. It looked like a scratch from the inside. Maybe the way it was put together. I ended up bringing it back for a full refund and ordered one online. If the new one that got delivered today has the same issue I'm just gonna keep i won't b able to wait 30+ days for replacement

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
My iMac 27 (3.4ghz, 768gb SSD, 680MX) is on my desk up and running. :D
Still quality checking the product, but so far looking good (yet to try some real stressing tests like gaming however). This is one amazing machine. To you who are still waiting, keep hanging in there.. :)

Ordered on 7/12.

Last edited:

boat

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2002
As another 12/22 order that is still in processing-land, I totally agree with everything above!
I have called twice in the past few days and they are always very nice, but like everyone else on here, they give me no useful information (because they don't have any to give!)
I let them know about my frustration seeing the exact same config ordered 5 days after me ship and they apologized and said "hopefully" mine will ship in the next few days...no offer of free stuff, though :(

Great illustrative example using Domino's BTW!

I'm with you, I also ordered this config on 12/22 and am still waiting. This is probably a long shot but have we considered type of credit card used as a variable here? I'm just not sure what else it could be at this point. I used my Discover because I've got a 0% apr right now, and I'm wondering if I would have got it sooner had I used my amex.

Dan415

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Mine just got delivered!

27" i7, 3TB Fusion, 680MX, 8GB (additional 16GB Crucial waiting at home!)

Ordered: 12/26
Preparing: 1/13
Shipped: 1/14
Delivered: 1/17

Now I somehow have to figure out how to get through an entire workday with it just sitting under my desk taunting me... :D

I hope everyone else gets theirs soon! Seems production has ramped up a bit.

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
Mine's now at my back door, where it will remain for about 10 hours.

What's the address, again? And which exit?

----------

No chance of early. Meeting the wife for dinner after work.

Good family man. :)

----------

blimey that keyboard looks tiny compared to that mac

im looking at my wireless keyboard and wondering if I have underestimated the size of this thing,

Twas much bigger than we expected as well. Filled up the kitchen table.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
It is discouraging to see people receive notification of shipment on machines they ordered after you ordered yours.......it just doesn't seem fair......that's why I never registered on the board and posted, because I figured that there were others who "deserved" to get their machines before I got mine.

I do think that Apple needs to take a look at it's communication with customers......they could learn a few things from Domino's Pizza.......when I order a Domino's Pizza I can track it from order to final delivery. (although I realize there are major differences between a pizza and a computer I can guarantee you there are not as many people calling Domino's these days demanding to know where their pizza is).

If you feel that Apple has slighted you or that they have not lived up to your expectations then they need to know what they need to do to make you a happy customer......a good business always takes this route.

I hope you receive a "preparing for shipment" notification today.

b3

it shipped today, but only 1 month later. Was kinda peeved to see a lot of others who ordered well after me get their orders shipped out well before me.

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
Yikes! Mine is out for delivery right now -- gonna spend a good portion of tonight doing a QA check on it. Fingers crossed!!

Here's the checklist I used, if it helps...

Dead pixels?
Backlight bleed?
Stuck pixels?
Scratches on aluminum?
Scratches on glass?
Yellowing on screen?
Uniform color across screen?
Level display or crooked?
Image Retention?
Fan noise?
CPU matches order?
GPU matches order?
RAM matches order?
Camera works?
Speakers work?
Fusion drive matches order?
Brand of hard disk?

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
5 weeks ago I got a 27" Mac from the apple store after 3 days I noticed light coming from the black part around the screen. It looked like a scratch from the inside. Maybe the way it was put together. I ended up bringing it back for a full refund and ordered one online. If the new one that got delivered today has the same issue I'm just gonna keep i won't b able to wait 30+ days for replacement

If u call them they will put in the fron of the line so it would be less time i just can't stand spending 2,700 on a computer and it not being perfect.

----------

Here's the checklist I used, if it helps...

Brand of hard disk?

How did u check the brand of hard disk?

db321

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Dec 22 order goes Preparing for Shipment

My order (2.9, 1TB fusion) changed to Preparing for Shipment this morning. Hopefully that breaks the Dec 22 jinx and orders from that date will start moving now.

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
How did u check the brand of hard disk?

Choose "About this Mac" under Apple Menu
Click on "More Info..." button
Click on "System Report..." button
Click on "Serial-ATA" under Hardware on list on left
First entry for me is "Apple HDD ST1000DM003"

Google that ST... and you'll find it's a Seagate not WD Blue that others have seen and which is much slower. With Fusion, it may barely matter in the real world, but it's odd there are two different drives with different specs floating out there. A recent MacWorld article talks about two (non-Fusion) models, one less expensive, but with faster drive inside.

"this Seagate drive is really fast. It took the Seagate-equipped 2.9GHz iMac 96 seconds to copy a 6GB file from one part of the drive to another, while the WD drive in the 3.2GHz iMac took 146 seconds"

http://www.macworld.com/article/2025363/review-27-inch-imac-mixes-advancements-compromises.html

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Delivery interval for MacMall order

My 27" BTO ordered from MacMall on 12/18 is on a FedEx van en route from Portland, ME to me in MidCoast, Maine for 4:30PM delivery.
Elapsed time 30 days as estimated by MacMall at the time of order:D

04:10 Delivered 20 minutes early:D

Last edited:

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
it shipped today, but only 1 month later. Was kinda peeved to see a lot of others who ordered well after me get their orders shipped out well before me.

i truly am happy that you finally have movement with your order! i'm sure you know just how it feels to see other orders (some with the same configuration as you) ship out before yours. according to the spreadsheet there seems to be a big drop off with my configuration since the 22nd. hopefully this weekend they will knock those all out. in the meantime, i'll just live vicariously through those with tracking numbers and computers on thier desks lol. oh, and i didn't call them looking to get free stuff, they just offered. to be honest i would rather have been given a concrete date or more specific time frame than any of that as i already ordered a superdrive through amazon and paid for 2-3 day shipping. now if they went ahead and paid for the postage and handling to the apo address i have that would be impressive (it's about $100 i'm guessing)...

ahegele

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
woo-hoo! it just now is preparing to ship!

ordered on Dec. 30th

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB (putting in crucial memory for 32GB)
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd

too exited :)

Seraphine

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Ordered a maxed-out 27" machine (except the RAM, which I am upgrading myself to save a few hundreds).

Order placed on: Dec-28th, education store,
Shipped: Jan. 16th.
ETA: Jan. 22nd.

One question: it appears that folks get their iMac a day or two earlier than ETA, so if Fedex delivers on MLK, I would be able to get the new baby on Monday (I am in CA)? Also, would it be able to catch the flight 90--I am just curious when it would be here in the States.

-------------------------------------------
- 1/17/2013 - Thursday 10:00 pm
At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN
- 1/16/2013 - Wednesday
5:27 pm
Picked up SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
5:27 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
3:48 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx
------------------------------------------

PeteTM

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Picked up one at the store

I'm new to this thread, but I've been following it, trying to decide when Apple had ramped up enough to order. I noticed some people had luck at the store. I went to the local apple store and they had one 27" I was interested in. I verified the night before there was one left by phone. I had to be at an event 15 minutes after the store opened, so I was there when they opened (in my Tux) and bought the only one they had. I'm so thrilled and it looks great...I've only had a little time to play with it and I'm a new MAC user (Windows before), so I've got a lot to learn. I bought:

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB (putting in crucial memory for 32GB)
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC Trackpad
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd

Good luck to everyone on your orders. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions on other threads....

Last edited:

seangallagher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
My iMac flew in from Alaska and arrived at Newark, NJ at 2:20am. It's 3:45pm right now and there have been no updates. Is it normal for these shipments to sit idle for that long before being sent to the local FedEx? I'm in NY - wish I could just drive and pick it up :)

RonNTT

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
TN
Ordered on Jan. 2nd

2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512MB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit
AppleCare Protection Plan

My order status is still stuck in "Processing".

The Monkey

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2006
Ordered on Jan. 1:

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5

MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Status flipped to "Preparing for Shipment" this afternoon. No email yet.

EDIT: btw, thanks for all the helpful info in this thread.

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm with you, I also ordered this config on 12/22 and am still waiting. This is probably a long shot but have we considered type of credit card used as a variable here? I'm just not sure what else it could be at this point. I used my Discover because I've got a 0% apr right now, and I'm wondering if I would have got it sooner had I used my amex.

I had thought of this too. I used my BarclayCard because they gave me the 0% deal for Apple merch. (it's a Visa). :confused:

currickdunly

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
My iMac flew in from Alaska and arrived at Newark, NJ at 2:20am. It's 3:45pm right now and there have been no updates. Is it normal for these shipments to sit idle for that long before being sent to the local FedEx? I'm in NY - wish I could just drive and pick it up :)

Hey - that's weird - my mac was on the same flight and I'm in NY (Queens) too, but mine was delivered this morning. You in NYC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.