|Jan 17, 2013, 10:03 PM||#1|
Using dual memory cards
I moved from a D700 to a D800e.
I'm having this dilemma and wondering what other people choose or would choose if they had this choice:
1) Overflow (take pictures on one card, and then it will "overflow" to the second card, and vice versa if you empty the first card).
2) Backup (record the same photos to each card simultaneously).
3) RAW to one card, JPEG to other card.
My thoughts on each one:
1) This is fine way of using smaller cards and never having to worry waiting to empty a card and then miss a shot.
2) The problem is the speed of writing to a Compact Flash and to an SD card is different; therefore the penalty is I am limited by the speed of the slower card.
3) This sounds great, but in practice I will never touch the JPEGs.
Right now I have mine set to #3.
Mac Pro | iMac | Mac mini | MacBook Pro | MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.