Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:29 AM   #1
Bowman1
macrumors newbie

Viewing AVI Videos with Ipad?

My question is I'm trying to view AVI file type videos with my Ipad. I am using game cameras and need to be able to take the SD card out of the camera and insert it into the Apple Sd Card converter and play it on my Ipad with no WiFi service. Is this possible?
Bowman1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman1 View Post
My question is I'm trying to view AVI file type videos with my Ipad. I am using game cameras and need to be able to take the SD card out of the camera and insert it into the Apple Sd Card converter and play it on my Ipad with no WiFi service. Is this possible?
You can
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:18 AM   #3
Bowman1
macrumors newbie

Please explain in detail? I have been trying to get an answer to this question for a month with no answer! Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:32 AM   #4
Bowman1
macrumors newbie

All I get when I download the video to my camera roll is a white block with AVI written in it.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:40 AM   #5
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Try using good player
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:46 AM   #6
Bowman1
macrumors newbie

Is that the same as using Airvideo and the likes? Because I have tried it and can't seem to figure it out?

----------

Just looked at Ggodplayer and it seems that I have to convert the file thru ITunes using WiFi.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:25 AM   #7
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Please explain in detail? I have been trying to get an answer to this question for a month with no answer! Thanks in advance.
1, you MUST jailbreak if you want to play back your AVI files directly from your card without importing them first. See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1464236 for more info.

2, if you don't / can't jailbreak, you'll need to import via CCK. I've tested the CCK with all current cameras producing AVI files (mostly Canon ones); most of them were compatible.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Try using good player
Won't work unless you jailbreak. See the above tutorial.

----------

Quote:
All I get when I download the video to my camera roll is a white block with AVI written in it.
What's the camera model?
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Bowman1
macrumors newbie

The camera is a Bushnell Trail Camera. It apparently uses AVI type files for video mode. The thing is I have four cameras and only one lets me play back a video without having to convert it. I've contacted Bushnell and they told me that I am lucky to have one of them work because they are not compatible. What is the ups ad downs of Jailbreak and how is this done?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
The camera is a Bushnell Trail Camera. It apparently uses AVI type files for video mode. The thing is I have four cameras and only one lets me play back a video without having to convert it. I've contacted Bushnell and they told me that I am lucky to have one of them work because they are not compatible.
Are they the same model? If they are, what's the firmware version on them? If they're the same model, you could flash the same firmware to the other three to gain CCK compatibility.

Quote:
What is the ups ad downs of Jailbreak and how is this done?
Is it an iPad 1 or an iPad 2/3 running iOS 4.3.3/5.1.1 or 5.1.1? If it is, then, you absolutely MUST jailbreak. Don't listen to people that state jailbreaking is dangerous. Among other things, you'll gain full access to the storage card's content from third-party apps without having to import the videos first. Needless to say, these apps are far more AVI-compatible than Apple's built-in player.

If you have another iOS version (or the iPad 4 / Mini), then, you can't jailbreak.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:00 PM   #10
Bowman1
macrumors newbie

It's an Ipad2 and I'm running IOS 6.0.1.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:19 PM   #11
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
It's an Ipad2 and I'm running IOS 6.0.1.
Out of luck, then. All you can do is checking out the firmware versions of your cameras if they're the same model to find out whether a firmware flash would make the other three cameras iOS-compliant.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps