Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
Hi,

Anybody tried out F1 2012 on a Macbook Pro 2011 with Intel HD3000?
The games requires a HD4000 as a minimum, but on youtube there several video's claiming this game running on older Macbook Pro's
I would expect lessor video performance, but not working at all seems a bit strange to me.

Does it work? Anybody any experience with this?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi,

Anybody tried out F1 2012 on a Macbook Pro 2011 with Intel HD3000?
The games requires a HD4000 as a minimum, but on youtube there several video's claiming this game running on older Macbook Pro's
I would expect lessor video performance, but not working at all seems a bit strange to me.

Does it work? Anybody any experience with this?

You will get severe slowdown in areas of high detail even when running on the lowest settings. The HD4000 is a lot more powerful and can support the game however the HD3000 slowdown means we decided it did not make our quality standards and would not be supported.

You can if you *really* want complete the game on an HD3000 (we did in testing) but in many sections the experience is not good enough for official support.

Edwin

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
You will get severe slowdown in areas of high detail even when running on the lowest settings. The HD4000 is a lot more powerful and can support the game however the HD3000 slowdown means we decided it did not make our quality standards and would not be supported.

You can if you *really* want complete the game on an HD3000 (we did in testing) but in many sections the experience is not good enough for official support.

Edwin

Thanks for the update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.