Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Frenchjay
macrumors 68000
 
Frenchjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
0.3mm Aluminium case [$5.24]

This looks pretty nice and its cheap as hell too.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/0-3-m...664046028.html

Thumb resize.
__________________
"stay hungry, stay foolish"
Steve Jobs 
Frenchjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:56 AM   #2
zybersniper
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchjay View Post
This looks pretty nice and its cheap as hell too.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/0-3-m...664046028.html

Thumb resize.
It's a shame it leaves the top and bottoms unprotected though!
zybersniper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Frenchjay
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Frenchjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zybersniper View Post
It's a shame it leaves the top and bottoms unprotected though!
Yeah, I hate that but its pretty cheap so ill probably buy this.
__________________
"stay hungry, stay foolish"
Steve Jobs 
Frenchjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:41 AM   #4
ant the ninja
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Man I love this, I wish atleast the top was covered and the bottom wrapped just slight around the corners. If it was like that, I would deffintely order it.
ant the ninja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:29 AM   #5
archrider
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
This case looks like the most efficient signal killer out there. They couldn't pay me to put this case on my phone.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:21 AM   #6
zybersniper
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
This case looks like the most efficient signal killer out there. They couldn't pay me to put this case on my phone.
I think they deliberately left out the spacers at the sides (those translucent slits on the edge) to improve reception.
zybersniper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:54 AM   #7
archrider
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zybersniper View Post
I think they deliberately left out the spacers at the sides (those translucent slits on the edge) to improve reception.
I'll give you that point, but the glass back panels are not supposed to be covered. I think that kills wifi and bluetooth.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:22 PM   #8
zybersniper
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
I'll give you that point, but the glass back panels are not supposed to be covered. I think that kills wifi and bluetooth.
According to iFixit, you are correct. The bottom half of the panel is responsible for wifi and the top for GPS. This would DEFINITELY kill GPS completely.
zybersniper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 5 Aluminium Case dan1sh iPhone Accessories 2 Nov 11, 2012 06:29 AM
Best of the 0.3mm iphone 5 cases on ebay? lamenramen iPhone Accessories 8 Oct 24, 2012 09:51 PM
0.3mm eBay Case zerolight iPhone Accessories 19 Oct 5, 2012 02:54 PM
iPhone4 / 3mm of the screen at the top moved to right Supermgnetix iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Aug 2, 2012 10:11 AM
Searching for Iphone 4s green aluminium case GiannisG13 iPhone Accessories 0 Jun 7, 2012 03:24 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC