Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:05 AM   #26
fiddlestyx
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalryan View Post
The iPhone 5 is a wonderful example of Apple getting off to a bad start. The iPad Mini with a garbage screen is another example.

Don't confuse launch sales with long term success because the two are not the same.

I totally understand that the iPad mini has sold well and that the iPhone, initially, sold very well. However, that's not the point...the point is that a significant number of people have not been satisfied with their purchases of these products and it's becoming apparent that there are better choices out there.

You want numbers to back that up? Here, check this link. It's pretty clear that iPhone has fallen from its perch atop the smartphone market.

http://www.eweek.com/mobile/samsung-...ones-each-day/
Not everyone needs a high resolution, retina screen for the device to be functional for them. I know many people that have bought the mini and are extremely happy with the purchase, albeit a small sample.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see Apple's earnings when they announce it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:28 PM   #27
wrosie
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Just like we're not bored with the misuse of the hyphen in thread titles!
BIIIIG smile here!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:46 PM   #28
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

Apple isnt going anywhere anytime soon. They are very healthy right now. People just like doom and gloom for some reason.
iHailCarlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion