Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
I sell on ebay occasionally.In Dec I sold an unlocked iPhone 5 64gb to a buyer in Russia.On Jan 10 he opened a Paypal claim saying he went to the post office to pick up and he refused the package because the weight had been changed,he took a picture of the package and has documents from his post office,it says the package is being returned to sender,but with the weight change it is probably empty.
Also I checked the serial number,I bought it originally from Apple and sold it brand new sealed,it shows it was activated on Jan 8th,this was two days before he went to post office to pick up and refused the package,so someone has that phone and has activated it,it is now registered under my apple id.
Before I refund him is there any way to trace who activated it? Afpgain it is an unlocked 64 GB iPhone 5.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time this has happened and I did insure when I mailed it,

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
On another thread you are wanting some on to buy 3 iPhone 5s! iPhone 5 is in stock in the Singapore Apple store. What is going on? Scam?
It happened to me! But at the opposite end from yours. I had ordered and made payment to a seller in US. But I'd received only the box when it was collected. I'd demanded fir a refund and it has been 4 months. I kinda had written it off now. But I still would want to buy iphone5 device only. Can u recommend me a seller? I'm in Singapore. Sorry, about not being able to help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.