Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justperry

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
1. In the screenshot below you can see that in my quote notifications there are three instances of posts with the same time and User, is this a bug?
I have seen this quite a few times before.

2. In Forum spy there is a checked box next to threads which I posted in, yet new subscribed posts won't have this checked box until I refresh the page, is this a bug too or is there just no way to implement this in vbulletin?
This you can also see in the second screenshot, subscribed (in Bold) but no checkbox.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    92 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    48 KB · Views: 115

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
For item #1, I believe that the user probably posted 3 times in a row and the system auto-merged them. His first post likely had the quote of you in it and the auto merge made it seem like 3 quotes. Not necessarily a bug, but just a consequence of two forum features with different functions coming together.

Item #2, you have to refresh the page because the Spy runs on Javascript and it needs the refresh to "know about" the updated subscriptions.

justperry

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Don't know about 2 but thought the same: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1347575/

it's when there are 2 quoted replies, and you are one of them.

Ah, thought it was posted before, never found it though, search on MR isn't that good;)

For item #1, I believe that the user probably posted 3 times in a row and the system auto-merged them. His first post likely had the quote of you in it and the auto merge made it seem like 3 quotes. Not necessarily a bug, but just a consequence of two forum features with different functions coming together.

Item #2, you have to refresh the page because the Spy runs on Javascript and it needs the refresh to "know about" the updated subscriptions.

Cheers, understand now, it didn't really bother me, just an observation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.