Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaeshellz

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
removal?

has anybody removed one of these? is it difficult? after removal, can you place back on??

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
has anybody removed one of these? is it difficult? after removal, can you place back on??

I have removed my girlfriends and it takes a slight bit of force but it comes off pretty good and it goes back on and sticks as good as the first time.

jaeshellz

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
I have removed my girlfriends and it takes a slight bit of force but it comes off pretty good and it goes back on and sticks as good as the first time.

ok thanks so much for the quick response. I just added it to mine but lined it up UBER slanted. So i wanted to take it off but when i tried, it seemed stuck on their so before I apply any extra strength into it lol i wanted to make sure it was possible without damaging.. ok thanks.

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone who has removed the sticker shown any scratching on the home button? I saw a reviewer on amazon did and was wondering if it was just a fluke.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Has anyone who has removed the sticker shown any scratching on the home button? I saw a reviewer on amazon did and was wondering if it was just a fluke.

When I removed her SGP home button I checked and didn't see any scratching. To be honest I don't see what can cause scratching it's just a sticky pad on the back of the home button nothing there to scratch it.

miniguu

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2005
I finally received these! Ordered the silver/pink/black set. The silver button looks very tasteful on my white iPhone 5. The look reminds me of high end audio equipment, even though its really just a sticker.. I have the bodyguardz pure and the button is flush with that screen protector. I do think you need a glass protector on as the button would be too high otherwise.

I like the pink one as well but have no idea what to do with the black. All in all very pleased with my purchase.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I finally received these! Ordered the silver/pink/black set. The silver button looks very tasteful on my white iPhone 5. The look reminds me of high end audio equipment, even though its really just a sticker.. I have the bodyguardz pure and the button is flush with that screen protector. I do think you need a glass protector on as the button would be too high otherwise.

I like the pink one as well but have no idea what to do with the black. All in all very pleased with my purchase.

I have the same set but use the black button with my black phone. Don't know what to do with the silver and pink button. If you want to an exchange a black one for a silver one, PM me. We can mail them to each other.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I recently sent in both of my iPhones in for the Liquipel treatment, so I bought a new set of the aluminium buttons; from what I got, SGP is now offering 'Red' in place of the former 'Pink' button.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I recently sent in both of my iPhones in for the Liquipel treatment, so I bought a new set of the aluminium buttons; from what I got, SGP is now offering 'Red' in place of the former 'Pink' button.

Yep, they offer the red with gunmetal instead of black.

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-Premium-Aluminum-Gunmetal/dp/B00AHNADS4/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1360310507&sr=1-1&keywords=SPIGEN+SGP+iPhone+5+Premium+Aluminum+Home+Button+Sticker

----------

Oh yea, I don't use with GLAS.tR or any other glass screen protector. It is slightly raised off of screen, but I actually prefer the slightly raised feel of the button.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011

I PMed you back. It said it failed when I tried to respond so I sent you email.
Thanks. It's off in the mail today.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
I just installed one on my phone but now wish I had waited as I have one of their screen protectors coming in the mail.

Is it true you can pop them off and then reuse them later?

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
Love my silver aluminum home button! Paired with the white saturn case and glastr slim. Now what to do with the red and gunmetal ones and the white/black/orange/lime green/pink jelly ones i have too, hmmmm....PM me ;)

Last edited:

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Can u share that wallpaper please

Disclaimer: The SGP's Aluminium Home Buttons and the Celldeco white home buttons are all purchased by me and not sponsored by anyone (I wish!). This review was written in context from a buyer's point of view in Singapore and the brand HugU and it's product Glass Guard and Glexible might not be available from where you reside in.

Summary Points -
Pros:
- looks very sleek
- will fit either glass or film screen protectors
- removable with no residue leftovers
- fits HugU's Glass Guard very well; just a very light slight protrude
- fits iPad as well

Cons:
- limited colors
- unlike the Celldeco home button, the SGP's home button still creates a slight recess when paired with Glas.t or Glas.tR
- does not fit iPad mini nor iPod touch (according to SGP website)

Introduction

This is the first time that SGP has came out with aluminium home buttons and I can tell you they look very sleek. When I first saw the home buttons image on their website, I was kinda unsure if they would fit the image of the iPhones as good as what the Celldeco home buttons did. However my close friend who was selling SGP accessories assured me that they look damn good and if he had an iPhone 5, he would immediately use them (he and his usual sales tactic! Haha..). Still, I decided to meet him to take a look at them. Since some of you requested me to do a review on the home buttons, and some of you also requested me on how does the Celldeco home button will look like on the Glass Guard, I decided to do this review and show you guys everything related to this two brands of aluminium home buttons.

Packaging

The packaging looks very attractive, especially with it's silvery reflective wordings contrasted against a dark blue background. The current colours available are pink, silver and black, and all of them have the all familiar square box of the iPhone family highlighted in white against the colours. This is different from Celldeco as they used the aluminium silvery background to used to draw out the shape of the box instead. Unfortunately the package does not come with the usual SGP's authentication code but I guess it's still early days for the Chinese to imitate them. Just like Celldeco, SGP's home button are made in (South?) Korea.

The Devil is in the Details

Take a look at this set of photos above. This set of photos are based on my iPhone with the Glas.tR installed. The top photo shows the Celldeco home button sitting flushed against the surface whereas the bottom photo shows the SGP home button sitting slightly recessed in.

The second set of photos are based on my mum's iPhone which has the Glass Guard installed. The top photo shows the SGP home button sitting slightly more flushed in as compared to the Celldeco home button shown at the bottom.

Thoughts

So if you are considering to get either the Celldeco aluminium home button or the SGP aluminium home button and you using either the Glas.tR or the Glass Guard, please use the above photos to help you decide which brand to get.

As for me, I've decided to stick with my Celldeco because it sits nicely flushed:

And let my mum who is using the Glass Guard to use the SGP one instead:

If you are not using either of the glass screen protectors and you hate to have the home button protruding out too much, you should consider getting SGP. However if you are those kind of people who likes to doll up their iPhone a lot, then maybe you might want to get Celldeco instead as it has much more colours to choose from until SGP starts to produce rainbow coloured aluminium home buttons too. :)

Here are some combinations of SGP aluminium home buttons which I took especially for you guys. The black iPhone is sporting the Glas.tR:

The white iPhone is sporting the HugU Glexible (I mixed and match using my mum's iPhone first before I changed her Glexible to the Glass Guard later on) except for the last photo which is sporting a Glas.tR:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.