Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1
ashameer
macrumors newbie

Need help with Apple Script/Automator

Hey all,

I want to access an online catalogue on my iPad, as the catalogue is using flash to display in the net, I canīt, but individual pages can be loaded as pdf. As it has somewhat over 1500 pages I donīt want to click every page on my mac and save it. I found that all the pdfs are residing in one folder on the server, sadly the folder canīt be accessed directly, only the individual files.

http://tpk6.aurednik.de/2012/pdf/pagina.00001.pdf

this path leads to page 1 off the catalogue, pagina.00002.pdf is page 2 and so on. So basicly what I need is a workflow, software, script that starts with page 1, than adds 1 to the filename saves it and so on. Sadly I wasnīt able to find a way in Automator to get this working. As i`m an absolute Noob regarding Apple Script and programming in general, I hope some of the fine people here can help.

Thanks!
Mark
ashameer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2
numero
macrumors member

Open the terminal and type the following:
Code:
mkdir pdfs
cd pdfs
curl http://tpk6.aurednik.de/2012/pdf/pagina.0[0001-1500].pdf -o pagina.0#1.pdf
When it finishes you will have all of the files from the server. Not an AppleScript, but it doesn't look like anything that needs to be done on a daily basis.
numero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming