Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I backup to icloud every night. During the day i use my phone normaly, i take pics i delete stuff add stuff. Now are all these things in the cloud? Even stuff i deleted months ago? Or does it sync and does a mirror image of what i currently have?

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I can only say what I experience. But it seems that most things that are shared across multiple devices sync right away, pictures, iTune downloads, calendar, iCloud email, what doesn't need sync across multiple devices is backed up during the daily backup.

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I think i was a bit confusing. For example you took a picture and wrote a note, backedup to the cloud couple days later you delete that note and picture and back up again as normal. Is this pic and note still up in the cloud even after you deleted it from the phone?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I think i was a bit confusing. For example you took a picture and wrote a note, backedup to the cloud couple days later you delete that note and picture and back up again as normal. Is this pic and note still up in the cloud even after you deleted it from the phone?

My experience had been that iCloud is a snapshot in time, so all you can get from iCloud is what was there at the last backup/sync.... not older data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.