Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grmnracing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
How does shipping work if I buy from Apple? I want a MacBook Air, Apple TV, and a few other accessories. Would they be shipped together or do they come in different boxes? If they are shipped separately would they most likely arrive the same day?

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
How does shipping work if I buy from Apple? I want a MacBook Air, Apple TV, and a few other accessories. Would they be shipped together or do they come in different boxes? If they are shipped separately would they most likely arrive the same day?

It depends on whether everything is available at the same time and shipping from the same location. I have to ask - why does it matter?

Grmnracing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
It depends on whether everything is available at the same time and shipping from the same location. I have to ask - why does it matter?

I have scumbag neighbors! I don't want my expensive packages going missing! I've seen the UPS man let other people sign for packages!

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I have scumbag neighbors! I don't want my expensive packages going missing! I've seen the UPS man let other people sign for packages!

Apple always requires a signature at delivery, no matter how small the item. If your UPS takes a sig from someone else, they will have to sort it out.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Everything arriving at once not guaranteed. Can always order and PU at local Apple store though.

MFL2012

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Just bought a Mac Mini, keyboard, and trackpad from B+H Photo. Free Parallels 8 and 50% off Applecare. And no tax. Ordered Tuesday at 10 p.m. and got here Friday. Unless you just have to buy from Apple, I would check them out. Everything packed in one box. They also seem to have all the BTO options if you want anything more than the base model. And multiple shipping options. Just a suggestion.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Just bought a Mac Mini, keyboard, and trackpad from B+H Photo. Free Parallels 8 and 50% off Applecare. And no tax. Ordered Tuesday at 10 p.m. and got here Friday. Unless you just have to buy from Apple, I would check them out. Everything packed in one box. They also seem to have all the BTO options if you want anything more than the base model. And multiple shipping options. Just a suggestion.

This is where I'll be ordering mine from, such a great applecare deal.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
If you want a configuration of the Air that that your local Apple Store has in stock, just go buy it in person.

Or as someone else suggested, use the ship to store option.

----------

That is unfortunately standard procedure for UPS. And of course once UPS delivers it with a signature, it's painful to make claims against them.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Yeah, Apple requires signature for all big ticket items. When I got my new 27" iMac i had to make sure I was going to be home to sign for it. I also would go with what others suggested about having it shipped to the Apple store or just buying 1 there, you'll have to pay sales tax either way. However, if there isn't an Apple store you could always hit up Best buy as well.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
A shame that you don't have a retired friend who would stay at your place for the day and sign for stuff for you. This would be an interesting opportunity for a personal service. Charge maybe $ 25 and you wouldn't have to worry too much about your neighbors being criminals.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Would it be bad manners if u post by door:

COURIERS: DO NOT leave package with slimy neighbors. :D

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England

UPS are NOT allowed to accept a signature for Apple deliveries from anywhere other than the shipping address.

I had this problem with my iPad - I actually wanted it left with a neighbour cos I knew I would be at work. They refused to accept an alternative delivery address.

----------

A shame that you don't have a retired friend who would stay at your place for the day and sign for stuff for you. This would be an interesting opportunity for a personal service. Charge maybe $ 25 and you wouldn't have to worry too much about your neighbors being criminals.

What if the retired person is also a criminal?? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.