Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1
talmy
macrumors 68040

Compressor and QMaster -- Huh?

Just got FCPX and Compressor and want to use two systems to share the transcoding. It all seems to be "working" but I've noticed the following and wish confirmation:

1. If you go directly from FCPX to Compressor you can't select a QMaster cluster. If you export from FCPX and then run Compressor on that file then you can select a QMaster cluster.

2. The cluster controller must be the computer on which you submit the job (otherwise I get errors).

3. Even with all of this, with other computers offering Compressor services, if you submit to "This Computer" QMaster seems to run anyway as tasks get distributed among the systems.

This all seems baffling and certainly isn't reflected in the (meager) documentation!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video