Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiger2

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Hi,

I regularly download This American Life, but am frustrated by how iTunes organizes the files. I've attached a screen shot of how the window looks.

How can I sort the files so they are in numerical order?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• PodcastWindow.jpg
    PodcastWindow.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 316

tiger2

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
i figured it out.

went to View > View options > Sort by Podcast

tiger2

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
i figured it out.

went to View > View options > Sort by Podcast

Okay, two new questions/problems.

1. The sorting via view > view options > podcast doesn't stick. Every time I leave the podcast page it reverts to sorting by release date. No matter how many times I uncheck release date and choose podcast, it adds release date back again and uses it to sort the next time podcasts is opened.

2. All of the podcasts I downloaded free from This American Life display in the podcast window under the heading "This American Life". However, I purchased one episode and while it is listed in home > user > music > iTunes > podcasts, it doesn't show up in itunes. The info page shows it as a podcast and all the info tags are the same as the 200 or so number of free downloads. Why does this one not show up? Could it have anything to do with being an .m4p file instead of .mp3?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.