Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Thanks for your response! I need to decide between the 1350 and the 1500 now. Gonna order something tonight.

Hopefully the moderators will approve my post and your reply sometime soon.

Yeah, I don't know what their deal is. I mean, you figure they would have some sort of system that is able to tell whether a post is spam or not. For example, repeated sentences and such. I just learned that I have to pay very close attention to my iMac's shipping updates and know exactly when it will arrive, because I just had someone trying to steal from outside my house, looking in the windows and thinking about breaking in I'm assuming. I'll be danged if my iMac arrives when I aint here and some little punk steals it, lol. Though I doubt they'll be back, unless they have a death wish, cause I confronted them with my Glock 19 in hand, LOL. Anyways, I think I'll just PM you my response to your questions, cause I don't know if the mods are going to get around to approving it until Tuesday, as Monday is MLK Day..

PhillyAnt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Philly
Yeah, I don't know what their deal is. I mean, you figure they would have some sort of system that is able to tell whether a post is spam or not. For example, repeated sentences and such. I just learned that I have to pay very close attention to my iMac's shipping updates and know exactly when it will arrive, because I just had someone trying to steal from outside my house, looking in the windows and thinking about breaking in I'm assuming. I'll be danged if my iMac arrives when I aint here and some little punk steals it, lol. Though I doubt they'll be back, unless they have a death wish, cause I confronted them with my Glock 19 in hand, LOL. Anyways, I think I'll just PM you my response to your questions, cause I don't know if the mods are going to get around to approving it until Tuesday, as Monday is MLK Day..

Well this was interesting... My 115 pound puppy was barking really loud and woke me up this morning about an hour ago (8AM). I am glad she did because my computer showed up this morning!!! I would have never heard the doorbell if it wasn't for her. I got the "shipped" notice on Friday the 18th and the due date was Friday the 25th according to Apple and Wednesday the 23rd according to Fedex. How the heck did it end up here today? Delivery from Shanghai to Pennsylvania over the weekend? I'll take it. The only frustrating part is I don't have my UPS or my RAM yet.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Well this was interesting... My 115 pound puppy was barking really loud and woke me up this morning about an hour ago (8AM). I am glad she did because my computer showed up this morning!!! I would have never heard the doorbell if it wasn't for her. I got the "shipped" notice on Friday the 18th and the due date was Friday the 25th according to Apple and Wednesday the 23rd according to Fedex. How the heck did it end up here today? Delivery from Shanghai to Pennsylvania over the weekend? I'll take it. The only frustrating part is I don't have my UPS or my RAM yet.

Well, here's what I heard from an Apple rep when I called about my iMac, and to see if there were any updates about them shipping out a little faster than quoted. He told me that all of the 27" iMac orders are being given Express Shipping, even if the person didn't select it. He said they are doing this to get them all out and to the customer as quickly as possible. Which is pretty cool. May be the reason you got yours so quickly. Though the people that actually paid the $30 for Express Shipping essentially paid for nothing. Unless those people are being bumped ahead in line a bit to make up for it. Who knows. That's just what I heard from the Apple rep that I talked to. he also told me that he's been seeing Build To Order 27" iMacs shipping out about a week earlier than the customers are quoted. So lets say for example, my estimated delivery dates are February 7th - 14th. Which would mean it would ship out, lets say on February 2nd (estimate), well apparently according to him, my iMac will actually ship out January 25th. Which would be freaking AWESOME! Because that's this week.... :D

PhillyAnt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Philly
Well, here's what I heard from an Apple rep when I called about my iMac, and to see if there were any updates about them shipping out a little faster than quoted. He told me that all of the 27" iMac orders are being given Express Shipping, even if the person didn't select it. He said they are doing this to get them all out and to the customer as quickly as possible. Which is pretty cool. May be the reason you got yours so quickly. Though the people that actually paid the $30 for Express Shipping essentially paid for nothing. Unless those people are being bumped ahead in line a bit to make up for it. Who knows. That's just what I heard from the Apple rep that I talked to. he also told me that he's been seeing Build To Order 27" iMacs shipping out about a week earlier than the customers are quoted. So lets say for example, my estimated delivery dates are February 7th - 14th. Which would mean it would ship out, lets say on February 2nd (estimate), well apparently according to him, my iMac will actually ship out January 25th. Which would be freaking AWESOME! Because that's this week.... :D

If you want, private message me your phone number and we can BS over the phone about the experience and you can answer those questions for me. I should be available during the day now. Just taking some pics for some DJ equipment I am selling to someone and then I will be free.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
If you want, private message me your phone number and we can BS over the phone about the experience and you can answer those questions for me. I should be available during the day now. Just taking some pics for some DJ equipment I am selling to someone and then I will be free.

Alright. Will do in a bit.

----------

Also, it's really awesome that you got your iMac so quickly. I really hope that mine comes soon.. I'm going to be tripping balls when it arrives.

PhillyAnt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Philly
Alright. Will do in a bit.

----------

Also, it's really awesome that you got your iMac so quickly. I really hope that mine comes soon.. I'm going to be tripping balls when it arrives.

Yeah I am driving myself crazy here. I haven't even opened it yet. Still need to make room and clean up everything.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Yeah I am driving myself crazy here. I haven't even opened it yet. Still need to make room and clean up everything.

Hey. Didn't you post a picture of the box after it arrived? Something about "you've had it since yesterday and haven't opened it". Im driving myself NUTS right now because I'm trying to find the post, and trying to remember who posted the picture and whatnot because I was judging when mine was coming based of theirs. lol

PhillyAnt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Philly
Hey. Didn't you post a picture of the box after it arrived? Something about "you've had it since yesterday and haven't opened it". Im driving myself NUTS right now because I'm trying to find the post, and trying to remember who posted the picture and whatnot because I was judging when mine was coming based of theirs. lol

I did and for some reason that post was moved to the "The "I just ordered/bought/got my new/refurb iMac" thread [merged]" thread at the top of the page. I have no idea why.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
I did and for some reason that post was moved to the "The "I just ordered/bought/got my new/refurb iMac" thread [merged]" thread at the top of the page. I have no idea why.

MacRumors has been acting up a bit. First with the lengthy quotes needing to be approved, which by the way my answers to the six questions finally showed up. Then I saw quotes getting messed up where it would show the code. Now a simple picture/post was moved to another thread, when that post and picture had everything to do with this thread.

PhillyAnt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Philly
MacRumors has been acting up a bit. First with the lengthy quotes needing to be approved, which by the way my answers to the six questions finally showed up. Then I saw quotes getting messed up where it would show the code. Now a simple picture/post was moved to another thread, when that post and picture had everything to do with this thread.

Can you believe its Thursday and I still have not taken my iMac out of its box? I got my 32 gb of ram in the mail yesterday. My power supply is coming today. I just need to figure out how I am going to arrange my desk to have 2 iMacs on it.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Accessory: Shelf. Bought a small shelf from Twelve South that fits onto the back of the support stand for my 21.5. It will hold my 1TB WD USB 3 drive that will function as my Time Machine backup. On the Twelve South website. Not cheap, but well made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.