Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:05 AM   #1
ipodmac
macrumors regular

A Magic Mouse like mouse?

I have a retina macbook pro but I have found that it has the thing were if the Bluetooth and WiFi are both on the 2.4 GHz channel it causes the WiFi to become really slow.
This means I can't use the magic mouse over Bluetooth and so is there any mouse that is like the magic mouse and has smooth scrolling but doesn't connect via bluetooth ?
Thank you.
ipodmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:26 AM   #2
Gav2k
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodmac View Post
I have a retina macbook pro but I have found that it has the thing were if the Bluetooth and WiFi are both on the 2.4 GHz channel it causes the WiFi to become really slow.
This means I can't use the magic mouse over Bluetooth and so is there any mouse that is like the magic mouse and has smooth scrolling but doesn't connect via bluetooth ?
Thank you.
Change the channel for the wifi
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:33 AM   #3
ipodmac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Change the channel for the wifi
At the moment the wifi is on channel 1 at 2.4ghz. Do you know what would be the best channel for not reducing speed when connected to bluetooth?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:42 AM   #4
Gav2k
macrumors 603

Quote:
At the moment the wifi is on channel 1 at 2.4ghz. Do you know what would be the best channel for not reducing speed when connected to bluetooth?
Go to the opposite end of the scale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:28 AM   #5
ipodmac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Go to the opposite end of the scale
Thanks Gav, however I have changed the channels from channel 1 to 6 and to 11 and they all still slow down the wifi. A 720p video loads fine on Youtube with bluetooth disabled but as soon as I enable it it doesn't work.

I'm thinking about returning the magic mouse due to this fault and getting the Logitech MX performance mouse, do you think this is a good idea or will i miss the magic mouse gestures and smooth scrolling.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Gav2k
macrumors 603

Quote:
Thanks Gav, however I have changed the channels from channel 1 to 6 and to 11 and they all still slow down the wifi. A 720p video loads fine on Youtube with bluetooth disabled but as soon as I enable it it doesn't work.

I'm thinking about returning the magic mouse due to this fault and getting the Logitech MX performance mouse, do you think this is a good idea or will i miss the magic mouse gestures and smooth scrolling.
I would get it swapped if its interfering with the whole scale then it's defiantly faulty mate. And yes I said swapped, I've got a gaming mouse but still use my Magic Mouse and trackpad. Wouldn't be without them!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals