Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 28, 2007, 02:45 PM   #26
macg4
macrumors 6502a
 
macg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Des Moines,Iowa
Send a message via AIM to macg4 Send a message via Yahoo to macg4
im guessing its not been sold yet
__________________
~~Chris Slaymaker~~
http://macg4.biz.ly
macg4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:44 PM   #27
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601
 
Plymouthbreezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Yow, this is a lovely machine. I wish I could justify buying it!
__________________
I'm about four skyscrapers behind.
Plymouthbreezer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:21 PM   #28
sinigang99
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkarris View Post
Have you sold this yet?
Nope! I still have it. I've had a few PM's but the offers are modest. I'd like to let it go but so all I've had were feelers.

Just think, it could be yours!

Ted.
sinigang99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 03:44 PM   #29
gkarris
macrumors 604
 
gkarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: "No escape from Reality..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinigang99 View Post
Nope! I still have it. I've had a few PM's but the offers are modest. I'd like to let it go but so all I've had were feelers.

Just think, it could be yours!

Ted.
Not at my salary...

You might try eBay - the audience is larger and that's where the computer collectors go...

Post the link!
__________________
"This gate's plastic." Captain Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Touchstone"
gkarris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 05:40 PM   #30
Mammoth
macrumors 6502a
 
Mammoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Some day I will have an Apple museum and this nice specimen will be in it.
__________________
30GB 5G White iPod Engraved (Full)| Shure E2c
Rio Karma | 20GB | Undead
iMac 1.83Ghz | 250GB HD
Mammoth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:54 AM   #31
gkarris
macrumors 604
 
gkarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: "No escape from Reality..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkarris View Post
Not at my salary...

You might try eBay - the audience is larger and that's where the computer collectors go...

Post the link!
Please, note that this is something a lot of us Apple collectors can't afford. Most of my collection came from garage sales, and eBay BEFORE collecting became popular. I've also started saving all of my old machines and now even save all the boxes and materials.

This machine is more for someone with a rare/vintage computer collection, you may want to post on eBay or a rare computer site...
__________________
"This gate's plastic." Captain Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Touchstone"
gkarris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:01 PM   #32
sinigang99
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkarris View Post
Please, note that this is something a lot of us Apple collectors can't afford. Most of my collection came from garage sales, and eBay BEFORE collecting became popular. I've also started saving all of my old machines and now even save all the boxes and materials.

This machine is more for someone with a rare/vintage computer collection, you may want to post on eBay or a rare computer site...
Thanks again for the advice. Yes, it is a unique chunk of memorabilia and I wanted to let it sit out there for awhile before I went the e-bay route. I think ultimately, that is where it will probably go and realistically fetch the best bid.

I initially wanted to put it out there and hopefully get linked up with a collector or group that would want it but I think this one must fit into a small niche because of it's uniqueness. I hesitate to use rare since when I got it back in the day, it was to me just a free prototype with a leftover case that happened to be clear. Go figure 20 years later huh?

I know it's value will differ on any given day, moon phase etc. and since there are so few the baseline value is hard to estimate except for the stories of the one that went 5 figures. I've spent a lot of time online looking for more info on the actual auction of the machine that went for that amount but so far have found only a few bits of info.
sinigang99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 01:11 PM   #33
gkarris
macrumors 604
 
gkarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: "No escape from Reality..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinigang99 View Post
Thanks again for the advice. Yes, it is a unique chunk of memorabilia and I wanted to let it sit out there for awhile before I went the e-bay route. I think ultimately, that is where it will probably go and realistically fetch the best bid.

I initially wanted to put it out there and hopefully get linked up with a collector or group that would want it but I think this one must fit into a small niche because of it's uniqueness. I hesitate to use rare since when I got it back in the day, it was to me just a free prototype with a leftover case that happened to be clear. Go figure 20 years later huh?

I know it's value will differ on any given day, moon phase etc. and since there are so few the baseline value is hard to estimate except for the stories of the one that went 5 figures. I've spent a lot of time online looking for more info on the actual auction of the machine that went for that amount but so far have found only a few bits of info.

Oh, it's rare alright - more of an "Apple Internal Release" model...
__________________
"This gate's plastic." Captain Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Touchstone"
gkarris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:14 PM   #34
haplain
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2011
My Transparent SE

Thought I would share my SE with the group. Not a bad trade for a couple of G4 Cubes. I didn't realize how rare this was but am now just starting to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	391671   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	391672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3058.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	391673  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3059.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	391674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3060.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	391675  
haplain is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling all iPhone Collectors Fralle iPhone 82 Sep 11, 2014 05:39 AM
Will the first iphone become a collectors item? kingc0bra Apple Collectors 7 Dec 26, 2012 03:21 PM
make uiview transparent without having the uiview's buttons transparent johnmerlino iPhone/iPad Programming 7 Jun 1, 2012 02:20 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps