Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1
FruitTube
macrumors newbie

Deleted Boot Camp Assistant contents.

I was trying to install Windows 7 through a USB stick but found out that somewhy my BCA does not support this feature. So I looked it up online and downloaded BCA with the feature. After I mounted it and everything the partition started and way taking way too long. 1 hour and not even halfway. So I closed BCA repaired my drive and then tried to come up with a reason why this happened. I came to a conclusion that this was because I downloaded that BCA. So I went and deleted the contents folder. The one with the downloaded stuff on it and went to look for the old one but then realised that I have deleted that too. So now BCA doesn't work at all. On the apple support forums people have suggested that I reinstall MAC OS X but I don't want to do thay. Im wondering can I download it grom somewhere? I use Lion (10.7.5)
Thanks.
FruitTube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Quad5Ny
macrumors 6502a

What did you delete? The "Boot Camp Assistant.app" or the WindowsSupport.dmg?

If you just deleted the WindowsSupport.dmg, you can re-download it. What Mac do you have?
Quad5Ny is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac