Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmmaLouise

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Andalucia, Spain
OMG why do they call it an upgrade when all it does is cause problems :mad: when I upgrade a hotel room its something good!

My printer now doesn't work.... I have no idea what to do to get it working again :(

It is an HP PSC 2350 all in one series...

Please help!

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
Your driver might not be compatible with the new OS. Go to HP's website and download the current drivers for your printer.

You can not download drivers for the vast majority of printers from the manufacturers nowadays for OS X 10.7 & 10.8 as they are now included, admittedly optionally, with the operating system.

Go to Print & Scan and add a new copy of the printer there and you should be prompted to download the correct software. Also to force the software to be up to date do a manual software update after you have installed the printer.

The printer is quite old, but generally HP printers have been supported for quite long periods.

HTH

----------

see http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01664444&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&product=421997#N45

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
OMG why do they call it an upgrade when all it does is cause problems :mad: when I upgrade a hotel room its something good!

My printer now doesn't work.... I have no idea what to do to get it working again :(

It is an HP PSC 2350 all in one series...

Please help!

I know its no help now but its something for anyone to be very wary of when "upgrading" the OS.
If the Printer/scanner is not so recent it may be difficult to get a driver that will work or if it does some changes may occur with my Epson R2400 the updated driver lost the all important "colour management off" setting this lead me to stick to SL (lion was on a separate drive while i found out any issues)
My scanner had no driver for it also and although third party solutions are available it was another reason to stick to SL.
Hope you find a solution for yours.
Edit; also be careful when an Apple software update occurs check all the items individually and see exactly what its trying to update, i keep any printer driver boxes unchecked if it works leave well alone.

Last edited:

Wolffie

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Nope my printer is not on the list...

I have updated everything and ML is simply not recognizing my printer...

I need to go back to SL :mad:

You stated your printer was "HP PSC 2350"
It is the third one listed up from the "HP Officejet printers" Headline.
Listed as "HP PSC 2350 Series"
Per HP your printer is supported on ML.

Check your cables, directly plugged into the Mac?, check your power, check your Mac App Store updates.

Have you found another solution by now?

Edit: Add below
Have you tried this?
If the same persists, download and install this package:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

If there si still no difference try resetting the printing system, re-add the printer and check for any change:
*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.