Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

instantApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
I have an iPhone 5 which is my breadwinner device, I do everything on my iPhone, but some music not all. I also have an iPod touch 4th gen which is my music and spotify player. I only do music on it, no apps, no photos, just music for gym or in the car..

Would any of you get the new 5th gen ipod touch? I love the screen size and thinness.. or would you just keep the 4th gen? thanks guys. :confused::confused::confused:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
If you're just playing music on it, the screen size shouldn't really matter. As for the thinness, that is up to you.

In a car, the thickness doesn't matter. In a gym, depends on how you keep it near you.

If I was in your situation, I would stick with what I had. And the next time the iPhone got upgraded, get one that would cover both uses.

instantApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
If you're just playing music on it, the screen size shouldn't really matter. As for the thinness, that is up to you.

In a car, the thickness doesn't matter. In a gym, depends on how you keep it near you.

If I was in your situation, I would stick with what I had. And the next time the iPhone got upgraded, get one that would cover both uses.

I totally hear what you are saying.. It's just the 5th touch looks so clean lol.. but you're right on that. i just needed someone else's opinion i guess.. haha

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
I needed the 5g touch for the apps I was running. What I like about it's form factor is its thicker edge. It is more comfortable to hold for longer. What I loved about the 4g was how well it disappeared in a pocket. The 4g is still a sweet piece of hardware.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
U already have a perfect combination.

U can even change Touch 4 to a nano for more comfortable use and more capacity if music is only thing u use it for. IMO, Touch 5 is a delicate piece of device and i wouldn't vote its durability compare to touch4.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I have an iPhone 5 which is my breadwinner device, I do everything on my iPhone, but some music not all. I also have an iPod touch 4th gen which is my music and spotify player. I only do music on it, no apps, no photos, just music for gym or in the car..

Would any of you get the new 5th gen ipod touch? I love the screen size and thinness.. or would you just keep the 4th gen? thanks guys. :confused::confused::confused:

Keep the 4th gen. It's the same when it comes to playing music.

I have a 32GB 4th gen, use it for nothing else other than listening to music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.