Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I was gonna tell the OP just to say that he dropped it in the sink. Don't mention urine or feces or even a toilet. Hell, don't even mention a bathroom. Wash your phone with rubbing alcohol before you go in (if you go in) so that you aren't infecting people with hazardous material.

You talk about fraud then tell someone to lie. Classy.

OP, you do need to tell them it was dropped in your piss so they can put gloves on. There's no telling what they can contract by touching your phone that was submerged in piss. Do the right thing.

----------

Cheers Tonya, to be honest i rarely use my iphone in the toilet but was actually watching an important football game on sky go so i didnt want to leave it :( Its not as if i stand there, one hand on the big man whilst texting on a consistent basis, you just live and learn with your mistakes I guess.

All i can do is go into Apple and see what happens, if not will claim on my house insurance (though the excess is large). All my own fault so willing to take flak but was more after advice than get slaughtered lol.

Thanks anyway :)

----------

It was only banter, if people cant take then dont give it (and to be fair ive had a fair bit in this thread which was expected). Dont think the poster was too (excuse the pun) pissed off so you really should keep your beak out mate

You said you were playing a game buddy. Which story is it?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Cheers Tonya, to be honest i rarely use my iphone in the toilet but was actually watching an important football game on sky go so i didnt want to leave it :( Its not as if i stand there, one hand on the big man whilst texting on a consistent basis, you just live and learn with your mistakes I guess.
Never got that far :D. I was actually playing Agent Dash at the time and trying to pee, multi talented obviously... but something i wont try and reinact again I can tell you that!!
Playing 'Agent Dash' and watching a football game on Sky Go!! No wonder you dropped it! :p

I'd be interested to know how you managed to do both those things on your iPhone at the same time.

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
Am I the only person that thinks its, frankly, disgusting to even contemplate using your phone whilst taking a P*** or the other option? Come on! Geeze I bet you don't wash your hands after taking a leak? Or sneeze into it and shake someone's hand? Dinner invite? No thanks!
Reminds me of an old joke, a Marine and a Naval officer are standing at the urinal, and both finish at the same time. The Navy officer goes to wash his hands and the Marine goes to walk out the door. The Navy officer says, "You know, in the Navy they taught us to was our hands when we're done using the bathroom!" The Marine says.....

In the Marines they taught us not to pi$$ on our hands!

SJW-Stingray

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Phone In Toilet

I did something relatively similar a minute ago.

I was taking a dump and playing some tiny wings. Naturally I used my boxers as a phone hammock to wipe and flush. Forgetting this I pulled up my boxers and my phone dropped in the toilet. I immediately grabbed it out and dried off the water, but I couldn't switch it off because the screen had several blank spots.

What should I do.

P.S the screen is now all funny colours.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia

I was taking a dump and playing some tiny wings. Naturally I used my boxers as a phone hammock to wipe and flush. Forgetting this I pulled up my boxers and my phone dropped in the toilet. I immediately grabbed it out and dried off the water, but I couldn't switch it off because the screen had several blank spots.

What should I do.

LOL That's hilarious!!!!!!! Just take it to an Apple store and they will replace it for a fee.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY

What should I do.

Sorry, what was that bumper sticker? Oh right: YOU OUT OF THE GENE POOL!
:D

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

I was taking a dump and playing some tiny wings. Naturally I used my boxers as a phone hammock to wipe and flush Forgetting this I pulled up my boxers and my phone dropped in the toilet. I immediately grabbed it out and dried off the water, but I couldn't switch it off because the screen had several blank spots.

What should I do.

There is nothing in the definition of that word that describes what you're doing. You're saying that not only do you use the phone while actively going to the bathroom (questionable enough) but then put it inside your underwear? I feel like the luckiest person in the world to not know you personally or work with you, you're basically a walking bio-hazard and literally have the ********* phone on the forums. [see - cross contamination]

Last edited:

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
A) Fraud
B) Knowingly subjecting others to hazardous materials [legality may vary]
C)Advise resembles what's in the OP's toilet.

Trifecta achieved, good job.

What are you talking about??? Apple have no problems replacing phones that have been dropped in the toilet. It is actually a very common occurrence, the girl i spoke to when i got my iPhone wet said people come in all the time with iPhones that have been dropped in the toilet..

SJW-Stingray

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
I turned my phone on this morning and it works completely fine. Although, I think I've learned my lesson about phone hammock.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
What are you talking about??? Apple have no problems replacing phones that have been dropped in the toilet. It is actually a very common occurrence, the girl i spoke to when i got my iPhone wet said people come in all the time with iPhones that have been dropped in the toilet..

Sorry, miread that as "free"

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

False. This is not an official policy and it truly depends on who you speak to and whether they want to give it to you for free. Putting a phone in your boxers that ultimately leads to dropping it in the toilet is not covered under a regular warranty. It is covered under AC+ and in that case, it is not free either. Why would Apple give you a free phone for being completely irresponsible (and gross) with your phone?

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
False. This is not an official policy and it truly depends on who you speak to and whether they want to give it to you for free. Putting a phone in your boxers that ultimately leads to dropping it in the toilet is not covered under a regular warranty. It is covered under AC+ and in that case, it is not free either. Why would Apple give you a free phone for being completely irresponsible (and gross) with your phone?

Go back and read my post again....I said for a Fee NOT for free. ;)

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
Not to crap all over the current pisstaking puns but really it's crappy when this happens.

We do give a crap, and wish you the best of luck in rinsing your phone of yourself.

*gets coat*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.