Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Was really looking forward to the bumper case from Bumpnz, see here: http://store.bumpnz.com/
But it seems they have halted production before they even started. Does anyone have any more information about this, or better yet, did anyone get a black one for review purposes they may be willing to part with?
Thanks so much (& a happy new year as well!)

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i cant justify spending $20 on just a bumper, when you can have a full blown decent case for under $10. not to mention, judging from the crummy pics on their site, those bumpers look exactly like the freebie cheap hard plastic bumpers that icracked.com gives you for free with their screen replacement kits or that you can find for $3 elsewhere. i would suggest finding a comparable bumper for a fraction of the cost on amazon.

unless this was just a ploy to get your website some traffic.

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
No, I have no connection to the company whatsoever, just thought it ws a nice looking bumper & for some reason, I love the fact that it sez "bump" on the side...

smurray

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Below is the response I got from them when I asked for more details.

"We understand your concern. Unfortunately, a large number of the units were produced incorrectly by our manufacturer, and they have had to modify one of their processes and produce the units again. As this is out of our control, we have elected to be conservative with our time estimations. They're also not very familiar with the concept of compensation, much to our disappointment..."

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
This makes me sad.
Forgive me for asking again, but does anyone perchance have a black one of these that they got as a sample for review or other purposes that might possibly want to share with a poor desperate schoolteacher?!
Thanks again.

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
For those of you folks interested, it looks like these are now shipping again (or at least, they say in stock rather than not available anymore)...
Hopefully they've worked out production issues.
Will let you know if I find out more.

smurray

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
For those of you folks interested, it looks like these are now shipping again (or at least, they say in stock rather than not available anymore)...
Hopefully they've worked out production issues.
Will let you know if I find out more.

I got a shipment notification yesterday, so I can confirm they are shipping bumpers to those that pre-ordered.

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Coolio! Please post some pix when you get it; I'm psyched to see what they look like.
Thanks!

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Hi MF878,

Since you've been testing the "bump." case, can you post a review of it compare to other bumpers for iPhone 5 (material, how thin, button feedback, etc.). Thank u!

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
Ordered on Jan 22nd ...

... were paid by Paypal on Jan 22nd ... and nothing ... no receipt, no shipping date, no responses to emails.

I'm filing a complaint with Paypal. I would not buy from these people. :mad:

Unmad ... finally got the bump bumper ... and it is better quality than the $3-10 ones.

Last edited:

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Got mine today. It is essentially a cheap Chinese version of the original Apple bumper you see on Ebay for $2. Not impressed at all. Save your money.

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I'd still love to see some pix of it in the wild as it were.
Any chance you can post a few?
For some reason, I'm still psyched about it, maybe the name just thrills me...

MF878

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Got mine today. It is essentially a cheap Chinese version of the original Apple bumper you see on Ebay for $2. Not impressed at all. Save your money.

I can understand its not exactly an amazing product, but I'm still using the original test unit they gave me and it has lasted much longer than the ones I'd tried off eBay, which are also thicker and rounder. But maybe you don't value those differences for the extra cost, and that's your opinion so...

smurray

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008

I couldn't agree more! I posted my thoughts in a separate thread.

Spasepok

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
Hello.
Where can I get a review with the available bumpers?
I want at least comparision of outlook of bumbers, and if possible - crach tests of bumbers.

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
Blue Bump bumper

Any pictures from those who received their bump case?

Here's the blue one ...

IMG_0210-M.jpg

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
I know this is an old thread, but if anyone is interested on buying this bumper, today I received the black one. I like it very much, its like the ebay bumpers, but it came in perfect condition, and much better finished. The buttons works perfect, and the silicon and tpu have no marks. It fits perfect, there is no movement inside the case, and after the thinedge and the pinlo II its the thinnest bumper.
I tried with all this bumpers before:
Poetic Borderline
Ebay Bumpers
Power Support flat bumper
Thinedge
Neo hybrid ex slim
Pinlo Bladedge II
And the SGP linear ex slim..
And I can say that this is the most that I liked...
I am very perfectionist..
I will see if i can post some photos for you to see the bumper on the phone.
If you have any questions, just tell me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.