Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:36 AM   #1
yanathin
macrumors member

Box for 13" Retina MacBook Pro

So, please don't judge me. I just purchased a 13" Retina Pro from Apple's refurb store and am extremely happy with it. However... it came in a ridiculously plain white box. I thought I saw that it was going to come in the original box on Apple's site, but I guess I was mistaken. Is there any way that anybody knows of that I could get my hands on the official box for the 13" Retina? Or maybe anybody that's willing to part with theirs (I could of course more than cover shipping). No accessories or anything - just the box. I'm just one of those people that saves the boxes for everything they get, especially Apple products, and that tiny perfectionist inside of me was crushed when I saw a standard white box.
yanathin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:15 PM   #2
harleymhs
macrumors 6502

I hear where u are coming from, thats WHY I never buy anything refurbished from Apple.. I rather spend the extra 100 or so on NEW get factory FRESH and BOX! Plus Resale is MUCH better if its not a refurb! I feel your pain! Return it and get a FACTORY NEW one and U wil have the Box and piece of mind and u wont get someone elses return!
harleymhs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:34 PM   #3
PinoyAko
macrumors 6502

I saw a couple of boxes that they were selling in eBay before but it cost around 30-40 dollars + shipping. It is better to buy a new one instead of a refurbished.
PinoyAko is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyAko View Post
I saw a couple of boxes that they were selling in eBay before but it cost around 30-40 dollars + shipping. It is better to buy a new one instead of a refurbished.
Considering that the refurbished units cost at least $260 less than the non-refurbished ones, then it still looks like the OP is ahead.
KPOM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:05 PM   #5
jmoore5196
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
Considering that the refurbished units cost at least $260 less than the non-refurbished ones, then it still looks like the OP is ahead.
Or will be, until the time comes to re-home the MBP.
jmoore5196 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:16 PM   #6
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore5196 View Post
Or will be, until the time comes to re-home the MBP.
I doubt that the boxed version will fetch $260 more in 2 or 3 years.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanathin View Post
I thought I saw that it was going to come in the original box on Apple's site, but I guess I was mistaken.
It's standard practice for Apple to ship refurbished units in the plain white shipping boxes. I guess for 15% off retail that makes sense. Too bad you weren't looking for a box for a 2012 11" MacBook Air.
KPOM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:13 PM   #7
PinoyAko
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
Oh right! Thanks for pointing that out. I thought the refurbished are just a hundred bucks cheaper.
PinoyAko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:44 PM   #8
jaymc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanathin View Post
So, please don't judge me. I just purchased a 13" Retina Pro from Apple's refurb store and am extremely happy with it. However... it came in a ridiculously plain white box. I thought I saw that it was going to come in the original box on Apple's site, but I guess I was mistaken. Is there any way that anybody knows of that I could get my hands on the official box for the 13" Retina? Or maybe anybody that's willing to part with theirs (I could of course more than cover shipping). No accessories or anything - just the box. I'm just one of those people that saves the boxes for everything they get, especially Apple products, and that tiny perfectionist inside of me was crushed when I saw a standard white box.
still need the box? I got one for sale.

Last edited by jaymc; Jan 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
jaymc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice