Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1
snkeyez95
macrumors newbie

Fullscreen iTunes black screen on Mac Help???

Hoping that this should be a quick answer.

I have a thunderbolt to HDMI from the back of my iMac to my TV. It works just fine. Turned off mirror so I can watch videos on my TV but still use Mac. However when I use iTunes in full screen mode on my TV, a gray screen slides over and my iMac display goes black/blank. The image is perfect on my TV, but just black on my Mac.

What am I missing. I should have prefaced that I'm a brand new Mac user.

Thanks in advance.
snkeyez95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2
snkeyez95
macrumors newbie

After finding a better way to phrase my google search. I've discovered that this an inherent problem with iTunes. Apple is aware based on one email I found, and has no immediate plans on addressing.

I did find a a solution to the problem using VLC media player instead of iTunes. I noticed a lot of people viewed this thread and thought maybe my findings would help someone else.

There is a script you can run in conjunction with QuickTime that will fix the iTunes issue. But this was a little over my head, and the VLC solution is fine.
snkeyez95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater