Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Big-G
macrumors newbie

OS X and Time Machine

Hi - I have a new iMac with OS X, which has no installation disc or CD/DVD drive.

As I type I am in the process of doing an initial TM backup to an external harddrive. If my iMac disc totally failed and I had installed a new blank drive into the iMac, how would I restore from the TM backup? Would the Command+R option work in that instance?

I am new to this, so apologies if this is a stupid question. I have heard of the need for a clone, but was wondering if the TM backup would be enough in the above situation.
Big-G is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help