Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taaland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Hey everyone,

I have been reading a lot on here and learned a lot, being an Apple newbie. The one thing I am struggling to figure out is this. A while ago I was monkeying around with Automator, and I saved a workflow. Whenever I save anything on my desktop, it opens a new window to convert it to a JPG, or something along those lines. I am wondering how I can either disable or preferably delete this workflow so it doesn't do that anymore. I have read a few different ways but can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance.

taaland

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hey everyone,

I have been reading a lot on here and learned a lot, being an Apple newbie. The one thing I am struggling to figure out is this. A while ago I was monkeying around with Automator, and I saved a workflow. Whenever I save anything on my desktop, it opens a new window to convert it to a JPG, or something along those lines. I am wondering how I can either disable or preferably delete this workflow so it doesn't do that anymore. I have read a few different ways but can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance.

taaland

It sounds like you made an Automator "Folder Action" attached to the Desktop folder.

Try this... click the Desktop to bring focus to the Finder, then hit shift-command-g (all three keys at once). Paste the below path into the popup box and hit enter. You should see the action you made in that folder. Just drag it to the trash.

You might need to logout and back in to make it stop running.

Code:
~/Library/Workflows/Applications/Folder Actions

taaland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks so much, that worked. Still new to this Mac stuff, I really appreciate the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.