Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1
taaland
macrumors newbie

Automator Help

Hey everyone,

I have been reading a lot on here and learned a lot, being an Apple newbie. The one thing I am struggling to figure out is this. A while ago I was monkeying around with Automator, and I saved a workflow. Whenever I save anything on my desktop, it opens a new window to convert it to a JPG, or something along those lines. I am wondering how I can either disable or preferably delete this workflow so it doesn't do that anymore. I have read a few different ways but can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance.

taaland
taaland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaland View Post
Hey everyone,

I have been reading a lot on here and learned a lot, being an Apple newbie. The one thing I am struggling to figure out is this. A while ago I was monkeying around with Automator, and I saved a workflow. Whenever I save anything on my desktop, it opens a new window to convert it to a JPG, or something along those lines. I am wondering how I can either disable or preferably delete this workflow so it doesn't do that anymore. I have read a few different ways but can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance.

taaland
It sounds like you made an Automator "Folder Action" attached to the Desktop folder.

Try this... click the Desktop to bring focus to the Finder, then hit shift-command-g (all three keys at once). Paste the below path into the popup box and hit enter. You should see the action you made in that folder. Just drag it to the trash.

You might need to logout and back in to make it stop running.

Code:
~/Library/Workflows/Applications/Folder Actions
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:28 PM   #3
taaland
macrumors newbie

Thanks so much, that worked. Still new to this Mac stuff, I really appreciate the help.
taaland is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store