Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I ordered last night on B&H and just called their customer service for an estimate. The person I spoke to checked for me and said they expect 1-2 weeks for delivery. He made sure to mention that it is not guaranteed, but according to the shipment they have coming in, it should be on track for that.

Crossing my fingers because that would be much sooner than the month+ I was expecting.

For those curious, I ordered the 3.4GHz i7, 8 GB Ram, 3TB Fusion, GTX 680MX. It came with Parallels 8 for free along with a discounted version of AppleCare (and no tax!).

I'm not sure who you spoke to but it will def NOT be 1-2 weeks. Even if you order directly from Apple, its running 3 to 4 weeks right now and APRs are at the end of the line. They told me they are experiencing delays right now but on average its looking like 4 weeks + time frame until they receive it, then depending on where you're located, they ship it out to you.

Last edited:

i-Rich

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm so done with this waiting!

Ordered 20th Dec so it will be 5 weeks tomorrow and Still processing!

Nextbyte in Perth Austrailia have not once gone out of their way to give me a ring and update me ... service to be expected when you’ve given them 50% deposit on a $4K machine? I don't think so! I know it's not their fault but they should actively communicate with their customers otherwise what differentiates them from buying direct from Apple. I thought premium resellers were supposed to provide added value!?

Even if it ships today (which I doubt) it will still take at least a week to get here what with customs delays etc So I'm not expecting to get it before 7th Feb (7 weeks)

Hopefully I'll feel better after this rant!

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
I'm nearly 8 weeks waiting (ordered 3. dec) and still no word from my reseller, no ETA. Really hope, my baby will be home soon as my MBP is almost dead. I really think, what apple is doing is just a big mess! Also very unfair to set all Apple Premium Reseller on a second priority!

i-Rich

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
I'm nearly 8 weeks waiting (ordered 3. dec) and still no word from my reseller, no ETA. Really hope, my baby will be home soon as my MBP is almost dead. I really think, what apple is doing is just a big mess! Also very unfair to set all Apple Premium Reseller on a second priority!

I hear ya! 8 weeks - that's awful!!

What did you order?

I ordered the following:

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB memory - will update to 32GB
768 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
I hear ya! 8 weeks - that's awful!!

What did you order?

I ordered the following:

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB memory - will update to 32GB
768 SSD

I ordered the following from a local apple reseller in Switzerland:

32.Ghz quad-core Intel Core i5
8GB memory - another 16Gigs waiting already on my desk
1TB Fusion Drive
Magic Trackpad
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I just received my 27 inch from macmall yesterday. Top of the line + 680mx.

Wow migration assistant was a pain from a 2012 air to the 2012 imac. I had to just put a time machine backup on a external and then transfer from that. Over wifi was nothing but stalls.

bootcamp was also trouble windows crashed on startup and since I didnt have a mac keyboard (plan on selling the bluetooth one) it was hard to get the mac to boot back into osx.

Overall everything is good now but I def felt like a computer noob today lol.

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012

I agree

----------

Wow migration assistant was a pain from a 2012 air to the 2012 imac. I had to just put a time machine backup on a external and then transfer from that. Over wifi was nothing but stalls.

bootcamp was also trouble windows crashed on startup and since I didnt have a mac keyboard (plan on selling the bluetooth one) it was hard to get the mac to boot back into osx.

Suppose to do migration assistant via a Ethernet cable

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
I contacted my Apple reseller today again. Sadly the situation is worse than i thought. I was told, recording to Apple, my Status is not even "Processing" !! So that means Apple have not yet start to product my iMac!! So at least another 2 werks to wait. :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad:

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I agree

----------

Suppose to do migration assistant via a Ethernet cable

No ethernet on macbook air unless you get a thunderbolt to ethernet and I am not down with that lol. Anyways its best it worked out this way because I had not been using time machine to backup stuff but now I am. =)

crows

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2012
I contacted my Apple reseller today again. Sadly the situation is worse than i thought. I was told, recording to Apple, my Status is not even "Processing" !! So that means Apple have not yet start to product my iMac!! So at least another 2 werks to wait. :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad:

wow that is just unacceptable from Apple I have not called in this week but I think i'm in the same situation you are in, i'm going to have to wait at least 1 more week, on the bright side with all these posts on image retention you would hope Apple is changing their quality control to look for these and the more the delay the better the chances your iMac would have the problem fixed..

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK

I ordered the same day. I am lucky in the sense that the people who I've ordered it from have chased and given several updates.

kantti

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Finland

I ordered also on Dec 3 from local reseller in Finland. Called them today and no ETA. It really is very unfair for the resellers!

I'm getting really frustrated with the Apple.

stoster38

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Wow!! Sorry it was such a hassle. I got my stock base unit 27 inch on Monday and used Migration Assistant. I connected my old iMac and new one via ethernet. Took about 2 1/2 hours or so but no problems and when my new iMac finished booting up it was all there :)

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Wow!! Sorry it was such a hassle. I got my stock base unit 27 inch on Monday and used Migration Assistant. I connected my old iMac and new one via ethernet. Took about 2 1/2 hours or so but no problems and when my new iMac finished booting up it was all there :)

I am going to go head and blame it on my router. At the same time apple should assume some people are going to have sketchy connections and give a little more info on the status of the transfer rather than just the progress bar that does not even seem to time out when things go wrong...

On the upside migration from disk (external hard drive with time machine was flawless)

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
When, according to your Apple reseller, will your machine arrive?

When they chased it up for me, they were basically told they are trying to get them out, and that all orders have been sent to manufacture, and will arrive when it arrives. That was 2 weeks ago, so I will chase again tomorrow, see if they can find out more.

dalefleury

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2011
iMac to Alberta, Canada

I ordered the 27" iMac on Nov 30, 2012.
Paid an extra $35 (?) for speedy delivery.
It showed up on my door on Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:30 AM.

The original delivery expected date was Jan 7th - 12th, 2013, but it obviously came early.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
I called a local reseller today, and they said I will probably get it next week. Doesn´t seem they get a tracking number from what I can gather. So nothing certain.

At least it seems there is some hope, seeing as someone have gotten a 27 iMac from the same store today.

I ordered the 27" iMac on Nov 30, 2012.
Paid an extra $35 (?) for speedy delivery.
It showed up on my door on Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:30 AM.

The original delivery expected date was Jan 7th - 12th, 2013, but it obviously came early.

From who did you order from?

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
I called a local reseller today, and they said I will probably get it next week. Doesn´t seem they get a tracking number from what I can gather. So nothing certain.

At least it seems there is some hope, seeing as someone have gotten a 27 iMac from the same store today.

From who did you order from?

Kroner: From who did you order from?

i-Rich

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
ordered 20th Dec - just been told at least another 4 weeks from now. The reseller said that their Apple rep stated that apple are in a world of strife regarding the imac!

Darthdrax

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Nice thread! :)

Same story here. Ordered mine on december 6th, at A-mac Amersfoort, The Netherlands. They can't tell me anything about the expected delivery date.

My old 24" iMac died, so I'm working full time on a 13" alu macBook for a month now. Driving me crazy.:mad:

27", 3,2 Ghz, 1TB Fusion, 8GB, 675MX

Same here, ordered my 27" iMac on Dec 1st at a local dealer who receives them from APR in Netherlands. Can't tell me anything at all. They mentioned that only now they start receiving the first 16gb mini iPads.......

----------

What I wonder about: is there any insight information available on the agreements Apple has with their premium resellers around the globe?

If so, what does it say about delivery processes? I find it hard to believe that APR's accept deals with their main supplier that keeps them in the dark. Particularly because the APR's are client facing, meaning customers willl turn their back rather on them instead of Apple.

Ronv

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Darthdrax

And I thought my situation was bad - ordered i5 8GB with 1TB Fusion on December 11 from Dutch APR. Nothing sofa, APR does not know when etc...had I bought direct from Apple, it would probably have been here....

zlinuk

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
UK
I have just been advised that our units have shipped and will be with us next Wednesday 30th.

Darthdrax

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Darthdrax

And I thought my situation was bad - ordered i5 8GB with 1TB Fusion on December 11 from Dutch APR. Nothing sofa, APR does not know when etc...had I bought direct from Apple, it would probably have been here....

Order process is a lot like: just when you think you hit rock bottum,........

And I agree, If I would have ordered it via the apple website I probably get it delivered next week.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.