Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1
Trona
macrumors newbie

Hacked by someone known as "Fatal Error"

A couple of sites I host on a Snow Leopard Server got hacked and they replaced the index page with one of their own. I cleaned it up and the came back and left a page that said something like, "Fatal Error ownz you !"

I had left an open vnc connection to the machine over the internet and I suspect this is the means they used to gain access to the machine. I replaced the damaged files and shut off remote management and control.

Anyone have experience with this? Anything else I should do? Running a Clamav scan right now on the whole machine to see if they left anything behind. No real damage, but it's a pain in the butt. Any help is welcome.
Trona is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking