Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:34 AM   #1
john11111
macrumors newbie

Apple XServe not booting from anything (USB, CD) - Prohibited Sign

I have an XServe (Early 2008) which was working good before, however, I recently deleted all my raid drives because I wanted to recreate them. So now, I have nothing, no recovery partition or anything.

I have 2 legal copy of Mac OS X Lion, and Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Whenever I try to boot from those disk, It shows the apple logo for few minutes and then it shows the prohibited sign and stops there.

There was no way for me to get into Disk Utility so that I could recreate new raid or "fix" permission or anything like that.

Could someone please help me on this issue, I've been stuck on this the last 2 days.

What does the error mean and what should be next step be?
john11111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking