Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowden73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
So I've got a 2010 Mac with AirParrot. I've used it with Apple TV and the last two times after I've turned off Apple TV and air parrot I've had no sound from my Mac. Tried fiddling with volume controls and making sure it's no longer mirroring or whatever but this time sounds not coming back. Anyone had a similar issue or any ideas what to do to fix it?

an-other

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
iTunes?

Greetings,

Open iTunes. Look in the Bottom right for an icon. This icon controls sound for your mac or apple tv. Just select your computer. Sorted.

Yes, this caught me out, too.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
I know that this thread is a bit old; but I had the same problem with my setup. Have a Atv 3 connected to a Samsung Tv. Streaming movies through my Mac would work; however, there was no sound; only video at the Tv. There was sound at my computer. If I played a movie through iTunes; everything would work as it should. If I tried streaming a movie through Xbmc; or played a movie through a third party player; I would get video; but no sound. I did a search for this problem and came up with several pages of different solutions; none of them worked. What I did try was; on the Atv 3; go into settings; Audio and Video and Output. Changed the setting from “Auto” to “16 Bit”. This worked for me! (For now).

Just thought I would post this; just in case it may help someone out.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
This happens to me too. I ended up just going to the volume icon in the upper right hand corner and turning it up. I guess you can say that I just deal with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.