Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I just finished uploading 1000 photos and videos to drop box because i was extremely low on memory on my 16gb iphone 5. Since i have no computer this was my only choice. Now can i delete all the original photos from my iphone? Is it safe to pull the plug? Lol

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
That's a tough call. Your pictures are only stored in one place still.

I guess it's as safe as only having them on your phone was.

brayan.richard

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Well just remember to make sure those files are protected and you don't give anyone to access to your account.......:p:p:p

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
you can also sign up for a cubby.com account from your phone too, and upload to a second place if you feel dropbox is not secure enough.

cubby gives you 5gb of storage, which is more than dropbox - it has not got a great API yet.

----------

Box is another, giving you 50gb and upload function in he box app (download freely from app store, just search for box) - that might be better than cubby actually, but still not as good as Dropbox in my opinion.

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Nice. So i can go ahead and delete the originals? No difference between the originals on my phone and the ones on dropbox?

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
I submit mine to dropbox with the dropdox app automatically, no loss of quality.

tehgeekguy

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2009
you can also sign up for a cubby.com account from your phone too, and upload to a second place if you feel dropbox is not secure enough.

cubby gives you 5gb of storage, which is more than dropbox - it has not got a great API yet.

----------

Box is another, giving you 50gb and upload function in he box app (download freely from app store, just search for box) - that might be better than cubby actually, but still not as good as Dropbox in my opinion.

The cool thing about cubby is they have Cubby Locks - http://www.cubby.com/help/faq/default.aspx#unique_3, which adds more security to folders you want to protect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.