Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1
50voltphantom
macrumors regular

next version of iLife?

Am I the only one who thought Apple would've released the next version of iLife by now..?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Bending Pixels
macrumors 6502

Nope....a refresh of iLife, iWork and Aperture are due (or past due). My NCIS gut check tells me that Apple is working on making changes that users want, and to provide better/easier iOS integration (not that it's not good now, but...)
Bending Pixels is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3
50voltphantom
macrumors regular

I got to thinking and found it odd that I haven't even seen/heard anything about beta versions of an updated version. It's not like people aren't using the software.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:31 AM   #4
BlankStar
macrumors member

lol, was just adding some pictures in iPhoto and thinking that the full screen version of the app is due for a major update so I came to check the forum here...

But I guess the iLife/iWork software is becoming vintage software :-p
BlankStar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:35 AM   #5
maflynn

I've all but given up on seeing any iLife, iWork and of course Aperture. I'd love to see an update of Aperture as I like the interface better then LightRoom, but with LR, adobe has shown a commitment to improving the application - not so much from apple with aperture.

As for iWork, its really showing its age in that Word and Excel are much more powerful and flexible products. Apple has an opportunity to really strengthen the tie between OSX and iOS with a strong iWork and iLife set of applications for both OSX and iOS but they seem mostly interested in iOS

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store