Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
So I've loaded all my video from my iPhones over the years into iPhoto and have deleted the originals. Now the thing is a lot of my video is sideways so what I want to know is....what's the easiest way to rotate them? iPhoto doesn't rotate them?!?

If it is a program outside of iPhoto to do this how do I go about it since I've deleted the originals and their in my iPhoto library.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So I've loaded all my video from my iPhones over the years into iPhoto and have deleted the originals. Now the thing is a lot of my video is sideways so what I want to know is....what's the easiest way to rotate them? iPhoto doesn't rotate them?!?

If it is a program outside of iPhoto to do this how do I go about it since I've deleted the originals and their in my iPhoto library.
If you want to use another app to rotate them, such as Preview, you can export the pics from iPhoto, then rotate them in Preview, then re-import them to iPhoto. This is one of the reasons I don't use iPhoto. I prefer to handle photo files individually, without having them part of a database.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
He wants to rotate videos, GG, not photos.

Now the thing is a lot of my video is sideways
I take it that you mean you've take the video with the iPhone vertical, rather than horizontal? You can rotate it in iMovie, but all you'll end up with is your movie on it's side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.