Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hmm, brightness affects it alot as well. I just use safari, youtube, facebook and pages mainly. Sometimes play games as well. My brightness is ussualy 20% as im in door most the time with the ipad. On my iphone, brightness is around 60% since i take it everywhere and use it in the sun or well lit areas. It lasts about 7 hours. I don't think people would use their ipad 10 hours in one day (i have before but its rare) so im not sure why better battery life is a big thing, at least for the ipad its not imo. :) Do you run out of battery on yours before you sleep?
Yes, I sometimes wind up recharging my iPad Mini during the day. It all depends on what I'm doing.

To be clear the is recharging the iPad during the day when in the morning it had 90% or more charge. So while the battery is a decent life, I do wish for more.

Last edited:

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I'm trying to sell my iPad 3 now so that I may enjoy my new iPad Mini until the (hopefully!) iPad 5 comes out.

What will push me towards the 5? I'd get the 64gb wifi, but would want the same body/bezel style as the Mini. My only other requirement is a battery as good as the Mini (looking for that 13-14 hour range). Hopefully making the new iPad thinner won't affect battery life!

iWeekend

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Screen tech that makes the black text darker on the (sometimes) too white background.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Yes, I sometimes wind up recharging my iPad Mini during the day. It all depends on what I'm doing.

To be clear the is recharging the iPad during the day when in the morning it had 90% or more charge. So while the battery is a decent life, I do wish for more.

Fair enough, i believe however it has the best IRL battery out of all tablets. I wouldn't mind a battery increase but i would rather it be lighter and maybe 128 GB storage :)

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Be careful what you wish for, as I think this will happen but not in the way you are expecting.

Mac OSX -> OSX -> iOS / OSX hybrid (Win 8, anyone?).

anyone? anyone? I was enthusiastic about surface and win8, but surface pro release will confirm the win8 paradigm implosion. Once blue stacks or some other android app player gets traction, the whole rational for an additional ecosystem dissloves. Why will anyone build a win8 tablet. Pc os's crossed the good enough threshhold 12 years ago...who really cares about apple or ms pc os updates?

smileyface

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2013
If Apple can put the IGZO display in the ipad5 then I think they could make a lighter and thinner ipad without upping the price.

The screen might cost them more to buy but that will be offset by the smaller batteries required.Li po batteries are not cheap.

I doubt Apple will make an ipad with more battery life.Ten hours of real world use is enough for 95% of users.They are not going to sacrifice size and weight to appeal to those 5%.Size and weight is going to appeal to more people than getting 15 hours use out of it between charges,although I have managed to get that doing just surfing with no gaming with the brightness at 30%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.