Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1
sdilley14
macrumors 6502a

"Apple revenue falls short again, iPhone sales disappoint"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90M1HD20130123

Subject line is the headline of the article I have posted above.

I guess I just don't understand it. Record quarter for revenue, record quarter for gross earnings, record quarter for iPhone sales (47+ mil), record iPad sales (22+ mil), signifcant improvements over the same quarter last year despite having one less week accounted for in this year's quarter, still improving at a torrid pace, and still the results are categorized as "disappointing". It seems really ridiculous to me. I know anaylsts have been used to meteoric growth quarter after quarter for the last few years, but at what point do they start putting projections and expectations in line with what can be "reasonably" expected? What a kick in the junk to release spectacular results like this, only to see your stock take a 6% hit. :S
sdilley14 is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion