Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:05 PM   #1
rainman7
macrumors member

Help! Mac and ntfs drive

Hey guys, I am a newbie and my Macbook Air is currently running Mountain Lion. Normally a Mac can read but not write to ntfs drive. I need to transfer some movie files from my Mac and bring them to class, so I did some googling for info on how to write to ntfs drive, I end up installing MacFuse and NTFS-3G but it didn't work, so I uninstall them but now my Mac can't even read the files on my external hard drive, everytime I plug it in, it just says the drive is not readable by the computer, can anyone provide some insight on how to solve the problem, any advice is appreciated, thanks
rainman7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:14 PM   #2
iThinksimple
macrumors member

have tried to plug in the external hard drive to PC with windows OS ?
i think you have wrong setting about MacFuse and NTFS-3G, it's must be works, i see my friend using it, although i'm not.
iThinksimple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:26 AM   #3
rainman7
macrumors member

I did some more investigation after that, MacFuse and NTFS-3G do not support Mountain Lion, so now I am just trying to get my Mac to be able to read files from ntfs drive again
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:18 AM   #4
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

I suggest you....

to fully get rid of the sotfware you had installed, for troubleshooting and stability purposes in your machine. And give a try to this link:

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

Have served so well to me in the past with the ocassional NTFS drive coming to me....

Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:35 PM   #5
rainman7
macrumors member

I have already fully unistalled them, now I just want my Mac to be able to read files from ntfs drive again, I shouldn't need to buy any additional apps. It worked fine prior to installing MacFuse and NTFS-3G, but now it just says the drive is not readable everytime I plug it in, anyway to fix it?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:39 PM   #6
mchenrique
macrumors newbie

I had the same problems. However, to solve it, I have installed MacFuse and NTFS3G again and after that, you need to disable NTFS3G driver on System Preferences. After disable, try to plug in your device again. It may work like in my case.

If work, you can uninstall all the drivers.
mchenrique is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store